Can Asian skin types safely undergo laser hair removal?
Table of Contents
- Introduction: Can Asian skin types safely undergo laser hair removal?
- What is laser hair removal?
- Why laser hair removal is a popular form of hair removal?
- The different types of lasers for hair removal
- Asian skin types and laser hair removal
- The risks of laser hair removal on Asian skin
- WellaSmooth. Pay 1 Low Price for Hair Removal for All Body Parts with Unlimited SHR Shots
- What is WellaSmooth™ All-inclusive Hair Removal Regime?
- WellaSmooth™ Includes the Following 3 Hair Removal Services
- See Over 1800 Positive Reviews of Wellaholic (Customer Verifiable)
- Pricing of SHR Hair Removal Treatments by Wellaholic
Introduction: Can Asian skin types safely undergo laser hair removal?
Laser hair removal is a popular cosmetic procedure that uses a concentrated beam of light to target and remove unwanted hair. While the procedure is generally safe for all skin types, those with Asian skin may be at risk for certain complications. This is due to the higher melanin content in Asian skin, which can make the skin more sensitive to the laser. Additionally, Asian skin types are more likely to develop hyperpigmentation, or permanent darkening of the skin, after laser treatment.
What is laser hair removal?
Laser hair removal is a cosmetic procedure that uses a concentrated beam of light to remove unwanted hair. The light from the laser is absorbed by the pigment in the hair, and this destroys the hair follicle. Laser hair removal can be used to remove unwanted hair from the face, legs, arms, bikini line, and other areas of the body.
Why laser hair removal is a popular form of hair removal?
Laser hair removal is one of the most popular methods of hair removal available today. It is a safe, effective, and relatively painless way to remove unwanted hair from any area of the body. Laser hair removal can be performed on both small and large areas, and the results are usually long-lasting. There are many reasons why laser hair removal is so popular, including its effectiveness, convenience, and affordability.
The different types of lasers for hair removal
Laser hair removal has become increasingly popular in recent years as a means of achieving long-lasting hair removal. There are a number of different types of lasers that can be used for this purpose, each with its own advantages and disadvantages.
The most commonly used type of laser for hair removal is the diode laser. Diode lasers emit a beam of very concentrated light that is absorbed by the pigment in the hair follicle, causing it to heat up and damage the follicle. This type of laser is very effective at removing unwanted hair, but can sometimes cause side effects such as skin irritation and swelling.
Another type of laser that is sometimes used for hair removal is the alexandrite laser. Alexandrite lasers emit a beam of light that is absorbed by the pigment in the hair follicle, causing it to heat up and damage the follicle.
Asian skin types and laser hair removal
Asian skin types and laser hair removal is a topic that is becoming increasingly popular, as more and more people of Asian descent are looking for ways to remove unwanted hair. Laser hair removal is a safe and effective way to remove unwanted hair, and there are many different types of lasers that can be used on different skin types.
Asians have a wide range of skin types, from very light to very dark. The Fitzpatrick scale is used to classify skin type, and Asians can fall into any of the six categories. The most common skin type among Asians is Type IV, which is considered light brown.
Laser hair removal works by targeting the pigment in the hair follicle with a high-intensity light beam. The light energy is absorbed by the pigment and converted into heat, which destroys the follicle. Different lasers are better suited for different skin types.
At present, there are three key types of laser technologies utilized for hair removal in Singapore:
- Alexandrite Laser (735nm) – used on fair to mid-toned skin with medium to coarse hair
- ND:YAG Laser (1064nm) – used on darker skin with coarse hair
- Diode Laser (810nm) – used on fair to dark skin with fine hair
Worth noting is the diode laser (810nm) that’s made use of in a preferred laser hair elimination treatment referred to as SHR or Super Hair Removal. This low-powered laser delivers brief pulses at high repeating rates, hence removing hair without destructive skin. It’s likewise geared up with an anti-reflective sapphire crystal modern technology which functions as a cooling system, making sure that the pulses are added mild on skin. This is a reason to why Wellaholic uses SHR hair removal technology over other older technologies such as IPL hair removal. Do note that there are emerging hair removal such as OLED hair removal, which has not been validated by scientific case studies.
The risks of laser hair removal on Asian skin
Laser hair removal is a popular cosmetic procedure that uses a concentrated beam of light to remove unwanted hair. The procedure is considered safe for most skin types, but there are some risks associated with laser hair removal on Asian skin.
Asian skin is typically darker than other skin types and has more melanin, which makes it more susceptible to burns and pigment changes. There have also been reports of keloid scarring after laser hair removal in people with Asian skin.
If you’re considering laser hair removal, be sure to consult with a board-certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon who has experience treating Asian skin. This will help ensure that you receive the safest and most effective treatment possible.
Otherwise, do consider SHR hair removal as itcombines 755nm, 808nm and 1064nm laser wavelengths to target all skin types. In addition, simultaneous contact cooling prevents burns and allows for a more comfortable treatment. This is ideal for skin and hair of all types and causes minimal irritation to the skin. Wellaholic’s SHR Prestige plan allows you hair reduction treatments on all body parts.
WellaSmooth. Pay 1 Low Price for Hair Removal for All Body Parts with Unlimited SHR Shots
WellaSmooth™ All-Inclusive Hair Removal is designed for an all-inclusive fuss-free full-body permanent hair removal experience with a 5-star rating. WellaSmooth™ All-Inclusive Hair Removal includes all-that-you-require shaving service, followed by SHR Unlimited Prestige hair removal which includes unlimited SHR shots for the entire body (including Brazilian/Boyzilian). Also included is our Skin Whitening / Hydrating post-treatment therapy (PTT) followed by our AfterGlow Red Light therapy.
What is WellaSmooth™ All-inclusive Hair Removal Regime?
- WellaSmooth™ is Voted Best Hair Removal Treatment by Daily Vanity Spa and Beauty Awards 2020/2021/2022.
- WellaSmooth™ is designed for an all-inclusive fuss-free full-body permanent hair reduction experience.
- WellaSmooth™ is ideal for all skin color, hair color, and all forms of hair.
- Also include is all-that-you-require shaving service for all body parts including your private regions.
- WellaSmooth™ also includes the Skin Whitening / Hydrating (PTT) with AfterGlow™, which includes post-hair-removal skin whitening or skin hydration followed by our AfterGlow Red Light therapy for enhanced skin rejuvenation.
- Achieve smooth and glowing skin that will wow everyone.
- This treatment is ideal for both men and women, by male and female therapists.
- Get a package and choose your shaving, SHR permanent hair removal and post-treatment whitening and hydration done at any of our multiple outlets across Singapore.
With WellaSmooth™ All-inclusive Hair Removal, you can have hair removal for all body parts including brazilian/boyzilian. This includes both the front and back (crack) areas. What’s more, full body shaving is included. Pay one price and put your mind at ease while our consultants work their magic for permanent hair reduction.
WellaSmooth™ Includes the Following 3 Hair Removal Services
- SHR Permanent Hair Removal PRESTIGE Unlimited – Enjoy our bestseller SHR hair reduction treatment for all body parts
- Unlimited Shaving Service – Enjoy unlimited shaving service on all body parts
- Skin Whitening/Hydrating (PTT) with AfterGlow – Enjoy post-treatment whitening or hydrating therapy followed by AfterGlow red-light treatment to rejuvenate your skin
See Over 1800 Positive Reviews of Wellaholic (Customer Verifiable)
Pricing of SHR Hair Removal Treatments by Wellaholic
Wellaholic believes in providing pricing transparency, and hence all prices are published and updated on its website. Choose from unlimited monthly hair removal plans (with unlimited SHR hair removal shots) for unlimited body parts, or choose from per-session hair removal price plans. Wellaholic’s hair removal prices are generally divided into the following categories: