10 Amazing Benefits of Microneedling
Table of Contents
- 1 TL:DR Summary
- 2 Introduction
- 3 1. Microneedling can help reduce appearance of lines and wrinkles
- 4 2. Microneedling has anti-ageing properties
- 5 3. Microneedling can help shrink pores
- 6 The Benefits of Microneedling
- 7 4. Microneedling can improve sun damage & hyperpigmentation
- 8 5. Microneedling can help treat scars
- 9 6. Microneedling can help treat stretch marks
- 10 7. Microneedling can reduce the appearance of rosacea
- 11 8. Microneedling can lead to acne improvements
- 12 9. Microneedling can improve the effectiveness of topical products
- 13 10. Microneedling can treat hair loss and promote hair regrowth
- 14 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- 15 Book Now Pay Later
- 16 Gold RF Microneedling Facial
- Microneedling is a minimally invasive cosmetic procedure that involves creating tiny punctures in the skin to stimulate collagen and elastin production.
- Microneedling can improve skin texture, firmness, and appearance by reducing wrinkles, scars, stretch marks, pores, and pigmentation.
- Microneedling can also enhance the absorption of skincare products by creating micro-channels that allow the active ingredients to penetrate deeper into the skin.
- Microneedling is safe and effective for most skin types and conditions as it does not cause heat damage or inflammation like some other treatments.
- Microneedling can be done at home or by a professional depending on the needle length, frequency, and technique used.
- Microneedling requires proper aftercare and hygiene to avoid infection, irritation, or adverse reactions.
Microneedling is one of the facial collagen boosting treatment that is gaining in much popularity, due to good reason. The process of microneedling is using a dermapen or a device attached with a disposable cartridge of many mini-needles to create tiny wounds on the skin. These needles create wounds which are miniscule and skin-deep. Nevertheless, the body reacts to the wounds and then goes about healing the wounds, thereby creating new collagen and elastin that not only helps to create younger-looking skin but also helps to clear scars, pigmentation and wrinkles over time.
Microneedling has the ability to help make your skin glow just right after one treatment and is easily visible as attested by our many customers. This skin radiance and healthy complexion can continue for months after the treatment, but is best realised after repeated treatments over a two-week to four-week gap. Let us share with you 10 amazing benefits of microneedling below.
“Microneedling offers a powerful, yet gentle way to reveal your natural beauty and restore your skin’s health.”
1. Microneedling can help reduce appearance of lines and wrinkles
Skin ageing is a process that cannot be avoided. Yet premature ageing which manifests as fine lines and wrinkles do happen. Microneedling is able to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles by boosting collagen and elastin to fight lines and wrinkles. Collagen and elastin in your skin helps to add strength and structure, giving the skin a youthful quality.
Why is Microneeding so effective?
Microneedling is a safe procedure that uses the handheld Dermapen device to create microscopic injuries in the surface of your skin tissue. These micro wounds stimulate your body’s own healing response and its ability to regenerate and heal itself. Your immune system works to prevent infection, increasing the flow of your blood to remove debris and impurities. Your natural repair system also stimulates the growth of new, healthy skin cells. As new skin cells continue to develop in the weeks after treatment, they will start to replace weak, old cells that no longer support your skin. Because of this, your skin becomes firmer, tighter, and younger-looking. Wrinkles and lines become less noticeable and your skin tone appears fresher and brighter.
2. Microneedling has anti-ageing properties
Upping Collagen Production
Microneedling is a proficient technique that significantly encourages the production of collagen within the layers of your skin. Collagen is a pivotal protein that acts like a scaffold, maintaining the structural integrity and youthful elasticity of the skin. As we age, the natural production of collagen tends to decline, which is where microneedling comes into play, providing a substantial boost to this essential protein’s production. Through the creation of minute micro-channels in the skin, microneedling stimulates the body’s innate healing mechanisms, prompting an accelerated production of not only collagen but also elastin, another crucial protein that contributes to the skin’s elasticity and suppleness. The enhanced level of collagen and elastin works diligently to restore and rejuvenate the skin’s texture and tone, leading to a noticeable improvement in firmness and a significant reduction in the visibility of fine lines and wrinkles.
Harnessing the Power of Collagen
Microneedling harnesses the power of collagen to rejuvenate and revitalize the skin. By undergoing this procedure, you can experience the benefits of increased collagen production, which leads to improved skin firmness, reduced fine lines and wrinkles, and an overall more youthful complexion.
By breaking down the content into smaller sections with descriptive H3 subheaders, we create an easy-to-read format. This structure enhances SEO by improving the organization and accessibility of the text, making it more user-friendly and appealing to search engines.
3. Microneedling can help shrink pores
Understanding Pores and Aging
Pores are the tiny openings on the surface of our skin that allow sweat and oil to be secreted. While the size of pores is often determined by genetics and skin type, they can also enlarge with age. As we get older, our skin loses elasticity and produces less collagen, resulting in the appearance of larger pores. Enlarged pores can make it easier for dirt and debris to accumulate, leading to skin imperfections.
The Benefits of Microneedling
Microneedling has emerged as an effective treatment for addressing pore size, skin texture, discoloration, and even fine lines. This minimally invasive procedure involves using a device with tiny needles to create controlled micro-injuries on the skin’s surface. These micro-injuries stimulate the skin’s natural healing response and trigger the production of collagen and elastin, leading to smoother, firmer, and more youthful-looking skin. In addition to its overall benefits, microneedling specifically targets enlarged pores, helping to reduce their appearance and improve the overall texture of the skin .
Tailored Treatment for Optimal Results
When it comes to treating open and enlarged pores, it’s crucial to ensure that each pore is individually addressed. Areas of the face that are more sensitive or have thinner skin, such as around the eyes, forehead, and lips, require special attention. For these areas, using a microneedling device with a needle length of 0.5mm is recommended. This allows for precise and effective treatment, leading to optimal results and outcomes.
By incorporating microneedling into your skincare routine, you can target and improve the appearance of enlarged pores, refine skin texture, and address other common skin concerns. It’s an innovative and customizable approach to achieving a smoother, more youthful complexion.
4. Microneedling can improve sun damage & hyperpigmentation
Microneedling is effective in reducing hyperpigmentation and age spots, especially as a results of long-term sun damage. If you have a blotchy, brownish complexion, which is probably a result of too many days out in the sun, especially in the sunny climate of Singapore, Microneedling and its ability to stimulate new collagen and skin cells can reinvigorate your look and even out your tone. A study in Brazilian Annals of Dermatology showed Microneedling to be a promising treatment for the blotchy, brownish facial pigmentation that comes with this chronic condition. To improve extra pigmentation from sun-damaged skin, needles should range from 1.0 mm to 1.5 mm in length.
5. Microneedling can help treat scars
Microneedling can also help treat acne scars. The process promotes the growth of new collagen in your skin, encouraging your skin to heal itself, reducing the appearance of ice pick, boxcar, and rolling acne scars. Most customers or patients will see a noticeable reduction in acne scars after a few microneedle treatments. Deep scars or pockmarks are lessened and skin has a more even tone and texture in as few as three to four treatments. The new skin that’s created will be firmer, brighter, and smoother. Even those without acne scars will see an improvement in their skin’s appearance.
6. Microneedling can help treat stretch marks
Stretch marks happen when our bodies develop at a rate faster than our skin can react to. Microneedling kickstarts your body’s healing process to create new skin cells to replace the stretch marks damaged by the needles. The target skin area is then restructured, thereby smoothing the appearance of stretch marks. Stretch Mark Microneedle uses the microneedles to effectively break up the tough fibres that make up the stretch mark scar tissue. Microneedling has been clinically proven to fade the appearance of stretch mark scarring. A series of six treatments every two to four weeks is recommended for the best results.
There is minimal pain and no downtime. The recommended needle length (millimetres) for treating stretch marks is 1.5 to 2.0mm. At Wellaholic, we use professional derma-pens with 36 needles. Each needle is one-time use only for hygiene safety reasons. To take the results to the next level, we apply Hyaluronic Acid (HA) serum after treatment to hydrate, heal and increase collagen production.
7. Microneedling can reduce the appearance of rosacea
The ruddiness and skin thickening of rosacea can be addressed with Microneedling. If you suffer from this skin condition, you experience a hastened breakdown of collagen. Microneedling may offer promise as a treatment for clients with rosacea, according to research presented at the American Academy of Dermatology Annual Meeting.
Twenty women with erythematotelangiectatic rosacea ages 27–65 were studied, divided into two treatment groups. Both groups were treated every 15 days over four sessions; the first was treated with a wet dressing infused with tranexamic acid solution for 20 minutes, while the second group added simultaneous microneedling with a tranexamic acid solution topical application. Tranexamic acid is an antifibrinolytic medication, often used to improve clotting for women with heavy menstrual cycles and to prevent major blood loss after surgery, trauma, tooth extraction, etc.
Both groups showed improvement, as assessed by Investigator Global Assessment of Rosacea Severity Score (IGA-RSS). However, Microneedling proved more effective, with patients showing an improvement of 3 units, in comparison to the 2 units of IGA-RSS seen in the other group. Clinical photos and dermoscopy were also used to assess improvment.
8. Microneedling can lead to acne improvements
If you still suffer from acne or blackheads, you may benefit from Microneedling treatments. As the sterilized needles poke holes in the uppermost layer of your skin, they remove the source of the recurring blackhead in the process. Nevertheless, while it can work wonders at improving acne scars, Microneedling can actually spread bacteria in the skin, making breakouts worse. This is why over at Wellaholic, we usually do not recommend using microneedling for acne or pimples or patients with a pimple breakout although it is able to treat acne – due to certain risks inherent in the treatment procedure.
9. Microneedling can improve the effectiveness of topical products
The tiny punctures from the Microneedling treatment actually act like little channels, allowing topical products to penetrate better and work more effectively. At Wellaholic, we use a blend of powerful serums to improve the effectiveness of our microneedling treatments.
Here’s what each serum can do for your skin after the Gold RF Microneedling treatments:
HYALURONIC ACID 2% + VITAMIN B5
- This formula uses three forms of HA with varying molecular weights, as well as an HA Crosspolymer.
- This offers full-depth hydration and visible plumping without drawing water out of the skin.
- B5 further enhances surface hydration.
- USAGE: HYDRATION AND PLUMPING
RESVERATROL 3% + FERULIC ACID 3%
- This formula combines very high concentrations of two of the most powerful and important antioxidants in skincare: Resveratrol and Ferulic Acid.
- Skincare formulations generally incorporate Resveratrol at 1% or less and Ferulic Acid at 0.5% or less.
- This formula has an exceptionally high concentration of resveratrol.
- USAGE: ANTI-AGEING
MATRIXYL™ 10% + HYALURONIC ACID
- Matrixyl™ is a trademarked peptide composition developed by Sederma Inc. in France.
- This highly-effective composition has been shown to reduce the look of static and dynamic wrinkles.
- This formula contains two generations of Matrixyl™, at a combined concentration of 10% by weight in a specialized Hyaluronic Acid delivery system.
- USAGE: INTERNAL PLUMPING TO FILL UP SCARS AND WRINKLES
If you are interested in the other serums which you can use with your microneedling treatments, here is a table showing various serums that can be used with microneedling:
|Hyaluronic Acid||– Provides deep hydration to the skin|
– Improves skin texture and elasticity
– Reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
|Matrixyl||– Supports overall skin health |
– Reduces signs of ageing, including fine lines and wrinkles
|Vitamin C||– Helps to brighten the skin|
– Improves skin tone and texture
– Reduces the appearance of dark spots and hyperpigmentation
|Growth Factors||– Stimulates collagen production|
– Promotes skin cell regeneration
– Improves overall skin health and texture
|Retinol||– Helps to increase skin cell turnover|
– Reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
– Improves skin texture and tone
|Niacinamide||– Helps to improve skin hydration|
– Reduces inflammation
– Improves skin texture and tone
|Peptides||– Helps to stimulate collagen production|
– Reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
– Improve skin texture and elasticity.
Using serums with microneedling can enhance the overall effectiveness of the treatment by delivering nourishing and active ingredients directly into the deeper layers of the skin.
10. Microneedling can treat hair loss and promote hair regrowth
Microneedling is a technique that can be used to treat hair loss and promote hair regrowth. This procedure involves using a device with tiny needles to create small punctures in the skin on the scalp. These punctures stimulate the body’s natural healing process, which can lead to the growth of new hair follicles and the strengthening of existing ones.
Microneedling can also increase the absorption of topical hair growth products, such as minoxidil or platelet-rich plasma (PRP), which can further enhance its effectiveness. This treatment is safe and minimally invasive, with little to no downtime or recovery required.
Microneedling for Scalp by Wellaholic helps treat hair loss and promote hair regrowth. Microneedling for Scalp is a Collagen Induction Therapy hair loss treatment in Singapore which is also able to cause controlled trauma in the scalp to promote hair growth. Together with the use of Minoxidil 5%, Microneedling can lead to positive effects on hair growth over a 12-week period. Especially effective for patients with Alopecia Areata and Androgenetic Alopecia, or male pattern baldness, receding hairline and thinning hair.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What makes Gold RF Microneedling different from regular microneedling?
How long does it take to see the results from a microneedling treatment?
Can microneedling help with hyperpigmentation?
Are there any side effects associated with microneedling?
What type of aftercare is required after a microneedling treatment?
How does microneedling work to improve skin health?
Serene Chiam, Aesthetic Director
Serene Chiam, the Aesthetic Director at Wellaholic, an acclaimed Aesthetic Chain in Singapore, brings over a decade of expertise in the aesthetics industry. With a Bachelor of Health Science (Aesthetics) and CIDESCO certifications, she expertly combines scientific knowledge with practical skills. Serene is known for her personalized approach to beauty, ensuring each Wellaholic client’s journey is unique and transformative. Her significant contributions have been pivotal in establishing Wellaholic’s reputation for excellence in aesthetic wellness.
GET IN TOUCH
Book Now Pay Later
Gold RF Microneedling Facial
- ⭐ Uses Up to 64 Micro Needles. Gold RF Microneedling: Ultimate anti-aging treatment with 64 needles to penetrate the skin, release RF energy, and trigger collagen and elastin production for a clearer complexion and firmer skin
- ⭐ Safe and Minimally Invasive. Gold RF Microneedling is a safe, minimally invasive.
- ⭐ Effectively Treats Acne Scars, Pigmentation & Wrinkles. Extremely effective aesthetic treatment for treating acne scars, pigmentation, fine lines and wrinkles.
- ⭐ Stimulates Collagen Growth. Gold RF Microneedling stimulates collagen and elastin for new, youthful-looking skin.
- ⭐ Award-Winning. Wellaholic’s treatments have been recognized by top beauty publications such as Daily Vanity, Beauty Insider, and Tropika Club Magazine.
- ⭐ Over 2000 Verified Customer Reviews. Wellaholic has over 30 industry awards and over 2000 positive reviews from customers, and >50% are repeat customers.