Bye-Bye Baldness: The Top Hair Loss Treatments for Singapore Men
Table of Contents
- 1 TL:DR Summary
- 2 Introduction: What hair loss treatments are available in Singapore?
- 3 Male pattern baldness: what is it and how common is it in Singapore?
- 4 “Say goodbye to baldness and hello to a full head of hair with the best hair loss treatments available!”
- 5 Minoxidil: how does it work and what are the success rates?
- 6 Finasteride: how does it work and what are the success rates?
- 7 Hair transplants: how do they work and what are the success rates?
- 8 Conclusion: which treatment is the most effective for Singapore men?
- 9 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- 10 Microneedling for Scalp – Achieve Hair Regrowth with Science
- 11 What is Microneedling for Scalp?
- 12 Is Microneedling for Scalp Hair Growth Treatment Backed By Science?
- 13 Are There Before and After Photos of the Treatment?
- 14 Pricing of Hair Loss Treatments by Wellaholic
- 15 Why Wellaholic is One of the Best Hair Loss Treatment Providers in Singapore?
- What Causes Hair Loss in Men and How to Prevent It: Hair loss in men can be caused by various factors such as genetics, hormones, stress, diet, and lifestyle. To prevent hair loss, men should adopt a healthy diet and lifestyle, avoid smoking and alcohol, reduce stress, and use gentle hair products.
- What are the Different Types of Hair Loss Treatments for Men: There are many types of hair loss treatments for men available in Singapore, such as medications, laser and light therapies, herbal treatments, scalp detox and care treatments, and hair transplants. Each treatment has its own advantages and disadvantages, and the best one depends on the individual’s condition and preference.
- How to Choose the Best Hair Loss Treatment for Men: To choose the best hair loss treatment for men, one should consider the following factors: the cause and severity of hair loss, the budget and availability of the treatment, the expected results and side effects of the treatment, and the credibility and reputation of the provider. One should also consult a professional hair specialist for a proper diagnosis and recommendation.
Introduction: What hair loss treatments are available in Singapore?
Wellaholic’s POV: Introducing Effective Hair Loss Treatments for Men in Singapore Are you tired of seeing more hair on your comb than on your head? Do you wish you could restore your hairline and confidence? If you are one of the many men in Singapore who suffer from hair loss, you are not alone. Hair loss is a common problem that affects both men and women in Singapore.
Exploring Hair Loss Treatments: How They Work, Success Rates, and Costs In this article, we will explore some of the top hair loss treatments for Singapore men. We will look at how they work, what their success rates are, and how much they cost. Whether you are looking for a topical medication, an oral medication, a hair transplant, or something else, we have got you covered. By the end of this article, you will have a better idea of which treatment is best for you and your budget.
Achieve a Full Head of Hair with the Best Hair Loss Treatments So read on and say goodbye to baldness and hello to a full head of hair with the best hair loss treatments available! At Wellaholic, we understand the impact of hair loss on your confidence and overall well-being. That’s why we offer a range of effective treatments tailored to your specific needs. With our expertise and advanced technologies, you can regain your hair and restore your self-assurance. Say hello to a fuller, healthier head of hair and embrace a new level of confidence.
See the table below for the possible hair loss or hair regrowth treatments available in Singapore and their general price range:
|Hair Loss Treatments Available in Singapore||Price Range (SGD)|
|Topical Medications||$30 – $100 per month|
|Oral Medications||$50 – $150 per month|
|Hair Transplantation||$8,000 – $15,000|
|Low-Level Laser Therapy (LLLT)||$2,000 – $4,000 per year|
|Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) Therapy||$800 – $1,500 per session|
|Scalp Micropigmentation||$2,000 – $5,000|
|Hair Fibers||$20 – $80 per bottle|
|Hair Regrowth Shampoos||$20 – $50 per bottle|
|Hair Growth Supplements||$20 – $50 per bottle|
|Hair Loss Concealers||$30 – $100 per bottle|
Male pattern baldness: what is it and how common is it in Singapore?
If you are a man who is losing hair, you might be wondering what is causing it and how common it is. You might have heard of the term “male pattern baldness” before, but what does it mean exactly? And how many men in Singapore are affected by it? In this section, we will answer these questions and more.
- What is male pattern baldness?: Male pattern baldness, or androgenetic alopecia, is a condition that causes hair loss in men. It usually starts with a receding hairline and hair thinning on the crown of the head. Over time, the hair follicles become smaller and weaker, and eventually stop producing hair altogether. The result is a bald scalp or a horseshoe-shaped pattern of hair around the sides and back of the head.
- What causes male pattern baldness?: Male pattern baldness is mainly caused by a combination of genetic and hormonal factors. Some men inherit genes that make their hair follicles more sensitive to a hormone called dihydrotestosterone (DHT). DHT is a by-product of testosterone, the male sex hormone. DHT attaches to the hair follicles and shrinks them over time, leading to hair loss. Other factors that can contribute to male pattern baldness include stress, illness, medication, diet, and lifestyle.
- How common is male pattern baldness in Singapore?: Male pattern baldness is very common in Singapore. According to a survey by Nielsen in 2019, about 50% of men in Singapore experience some degree of hair loss by the age of 40. This percentage increases with age, reaching up to 80% by the age of 70. Male pattern baldness affects men of all races and ethnicities, but it may be more noticeable in men with darker hair.
Male pattern baldness can be a distressing condition for many men. It can affect their self-esteem, confidence, and social life. However, there are treatments available that can help slow down or stop hair loss, and even regrow hair in some cases. In the next section, we will explore some of the best hair loss treatments for men in Singapore.
“Say goodbye to baldness and hello to a full head of hair with the best hair loss treatments available!”
Minoxidil: how does it work and what are the success rates?
One of the most popular and widely used treatments for hair loss is minoxidil. You might have seen it in pharmacies or online under different brand names, such as Rogaine or Regaine. But what is minoxidil and how does it work? And more importantly, how effective is it for hair loss? In this section, we will answer these questions and more.
- What is minoxidil and how does it work?: Minoxidil is a topical solution that you apply to your scalp twice a day. It was originally developed as a medication for high blood pressure, but it was found to have a side effect of stimulating hair growth. The exact mechanism of how minoxidil works is not fully understood, but it is believed to increase blood flow to the scalp and extend the growth phase of the hair cycle. This means that minoxidil can help prevent hair loss and promote hair regrowth by nourishing and strengthening the hair follicles.
- What are the success rates of minoxidil?: Minoxidil has been clinically proven to be effective for hair loss, especially for male pattern baldness. According to studies, about 40% of men who use minoxidil experience moderate to dense hair regrowth after six months of treatment. Another 40% experience minimal hair regrowth, while 20% do not see any improvement. The success rates may vary depending on the individual, the cause and severity of hair loss, the concentration and frequency of minoxidil use, and the compliance with the treatment regimen.
Minoxidil is generally safe and well-tolerated by most people. However, some people may experience side effects such as scalp irritation, itching, dryness, flaking, or redness. These side effects are usually mild and temporary, and can be reduced by using a lower concentration of minoxidil or applying it less often. In rare cases, some people may experience more serious side effects such as allergic reactions, chest pain, palpitations, dizziness, or swelling. If you experience any of these side effects, you should stop using minoxidil and consult your doctor immediately.
Minoxidil is one of the best hair loss treatments for men in Singapore because it is easy to use, affordable, and effective. However, it is not a permanent cure for hair loss. You need to use it continuously to maintain its results. If you stop using minoxidil, your hair loss will resume within three to four months. Therefore, you need to be committed and consistent with your treatment if you want to see lasting results.
Finasteride: how does it work and what are the success rates?
Another common and effective treatment for hair loss is finasteride. You might have heard of it as Propecia or Proscar. But what is finasteride and how does it work? And more importantly, how effective is it for hair loss? In this section, we will answer these questions and more.
- What is finasteride and how does it work?: Finasteride is an oral medication that you take once a day. It is a type of 5-alpha reductase inhibitor, which means it works by blocking the enzyme that converts testosterone into DHT. DHT is the hormone that causes hair loss in men with male pattern baldness. By reducing the amount of DHT in the scalp, finasteride can help prevent hair loss and stimulate hair regrowth by prolonging the growth phase of the hair cycle. This means that finasteride can help restore your hairline and density by reversing the miniaturization of the hair follicles.
- What are the success rates of finasteride?: Finasteride has been clinically proven to be effective for hair loss, especially for male pattern baldness. According to studies, about 65% of men who use finasteride experience significant hair regrowth after one year of treatment. Another 30% experience no further hair loss, while 5% continue to lose hair. The success rates may vary depending on the individual, the cause and severity of hair loss, the dosage and duration of finasteride use, and the compliance with the treatment regimen.
Finasteride: What You Need to Know Finasteride is a medication that can help you stop hair loss and regrow some hair. It is one of the most popular and effective hair loss treatments for men in Singapore. However, before you start using finasteride, you should be aware of the following:
- Finasteride may cause some side effects, such as decreased libido, erectile dysfunction, ejaculation disorder, or gynecomastia (enlarged breasts). These side effects are usually mild and reversible, and can be resolved by stopping or reducing the dose of finasteride. However, if you experience any serious side effects, such as depression, anxiety, allergic reactions, or liver problems, you should stop using finasteride and consult your doctor immediately.
- Finasteride is not a permanent cure for hair loss. You need to use it continuously to maintain its results. If you stop using finasteride, your hair loss will resume within six to twelve months. Therefore, you need to be committed and consistent with your treatment if you want to see lasting results.
Hair transplants: how do they work and what are the success rates?
If you are looking for a more permanent and natural-looking solution for your hair loss, you might want to consider hair transplants. Hair transplants are a type of cosmetic surgery that involves moving hair from one area of your head to another. But how do hair transplants work and what are their success rates? In this section, we will answer these questions and more.
- How do hair transplants work?: Hair transplants work by taking hair follicles from a donor area, usually the back or sides of your head, and grafting them onto a recipient area, usually the front or top of your head. The donor area is where you have healthy and dense hair that is resistant to DHT. The recipient area is where you have thinning or balding hair that is sensitive to DHT. By transplanting hair follicles from the donor area to the recipient area, you can restore your hairline and density with your own natural hair.
- What are the types of hair transplants?: There are two main types of hair transplants: follicular unit transplantation (FUT) and follicular unit extraction (FUE). Both types involve harvesting and implanting hair follicles, but they differ in how they do it.
- FUT: This is the traditional method of hair transplant. It involves cutting a strip of skin from the donor area and dividing it into small grafts containing one to four hair follicles each. These grafts are then implanted into tiny incisions made in the recipient area. The advantage of FUT is that it can produce more grafts in one session and achieve higher density. The disadvantage of FUT is that it leaves a linear scar on the donor area that may be visible if you have short hair.
- FUE: This is the newer and more advanced method of hair transplant. It involves using a special device to extract individual hair follicles from the donor area without cutting any skin. These follicles are then implanted into tiny holes made in the recipient area. The advantage of FUE is that it does not leave any visible scars on the donor area and has a faster recovery time. The disadvantage of FUE is that it may require more sessions and achieve lower density than FUT.
- What are the success rates of hair transplants?: Hair transplants have high success rates, especially when performed by experienced and skilled surgeons. According to studies, about 85% to 95% of transplanted hairs will grow successfully within six months of the procedure. The results will look natural and permanent, as long as you have enough donor hairs to cover the balding areas. However, some factors may affect the success rates of hair transplants, such as:
- The quality and quantity of your donor hairs
- The size and shape of your balding areas
- The technique and skill of your surgeon
- The post-operative care and maintenance of your scalp
- Your age, health, and lifestyle
- Hair transplants are one of the best hair loss treatments for men in Singapore because they can provide you with a lasting and natural-looking solution for your hair loss problem. However, they are also expensive, invasive, and require a long recovery time. Therefore, you need to weigh the pros and cons carefully before deciding to undergo a hair transplant.
Conclusion: which treatment is the most effective for Singapore men?
In this article, we have explored some of the top hair loss treatments for Singapore men. We have looked at how they work, what their success rates are, and how much they cost. We have also shared some tips on how to choose the best treatment for your needs and preferences.
However, there is no one-size-fits-all answer to which treatment is the most effective for Singapore men. The best treatment for you depends on various factors, such as:
- The cause and severity of your hair loss
- Your budget and availability
- Your expected results and side effects
- Your credibility and reputation of the provider
Therefore, we recommend that you consult with a professional hair specialist before deciding on any treatment. A hair specialist can help you diagnose your hair loss condition, recommend the most suitable treatment for you, and monitor your progress and results.
At Wellaholic, we are passionate about helping you achieve your hair goals. We offer a range of hair loss treatments that are safe, effective, and affordable. Whether you are looking for a topical medication, an oral medication, a hair transplant, or something else, we have got you covered.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q: What are the common causes of hair loss in Singapore men?
A: At Wellaholic, we understand that hair loss in Singapore men can have various causes, such as genetics, hormones, stress, aging, illness, medication, and lifestyle habits. The most common cause of hair loss in Singapore men is male pattern baldness, also known as androgenetic alopecia. This is a genetic condition that affects the hair follicles on the scalp, making them smaller and weaker over time. Male pattern baldness usually begins with a receding hairline and advances to a bald spot on the crown of the head.
Q: How can I prevent hair loss in Singapore men?
A: There is no sure way to prevent hair loss in Singapore men, especially if it is due to genetic or hormonal factors. However, there are some steps you can take to reduce the risk or severity of hair loss, such as:
- Eating a balanced diet that provides adequate protein, iron, zinc, and biotin for healthy hair growth.
- Avoiding excessive heat styling, chemical treatments, and tight hairstyles that can damage the hair and scalp.
- Managing stress levels and getting enough sleep to avoid hormonal imbalances and inflammation that can affect hair growth.
- Quitting smoking and limiting alcohol consumption to improve blood circulation and oxygen delivery to the scalp and hair follicles.
- Consulting a doctor if you have any medical conditions or medications that can cause hair loss as a side effect.
Q: What are the best hair loss treatments for Singapore men?
A: The best hair loss treatments for Singapore men depend on the type, cause, and extent of hair loss. Some of the most popular and effective treatment options include:
- Minoxidil: A topical medication that stimulates blood flow and prolongs the growth phase of the hair cycle. It can be applied twice a day to the scalp and can help slow down or stop hair loss and promote regrowth.
- Finasteride: An oral medication that blocks the conversion of testosterone to dihydrotestosterone (DHT), a hormone that shrinks the hair follicles. It can be taken once a day and can help prevent further hair loss and restore some hair density.
- Hair transplants: A surgical procedure that involves moving healthy hair follicles from one part of the scalp to another where there is thinning or balding. It can create a natural-looking and permanent result for restoring hair coverage.
- Low-level laser therapy (LLLT): A non-invasive procedure that uses low-level light energy to stimulate cellular activity and increase blood flow in the scalp. It can be done at home or in a clinic and can help improve hair quality and quantity.
- Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) therapy: A minimally invasive procedure that involves injecting plasma derived from your own blood into the scalp. The plasma contains growth factors and cytokines that can enhance healing and regeneration of the hair follicles. It can be done in conjunction with other treatments to boost their effectiveness.
Microneedling for Scalp – Achieve Hair Regrowth with Science
Are you tired of losing hair faster than your favorite sports team loses games? Well, it’s time to bring in the big guns and tackle your hair loss head-on (pun intended). With the power of science and the latest in hair regrowth technology, you can achieve the luscious locks of your dreams. Enter microneedling for scalp – the treatment that’s got people buzzing (and growing hair) all over the world. So, get ready to roll up your sleeves (and your hair), because we’re about to take a closer look at how microneedling can help you achieve hair regrowth with science.
What is Microneedling for Scalp?
- Treat Hair Loss and Promote Hair Growth. Microneedling for scalp is a collagen induction therapy hair loss treatment in Singapore that can help treat hair loss and promote hair regrowth.
- Controlled Trauma to Scalp. Microneedling for Scalp causes controlled trauma to the scalp to stimulate hair growth.
- Effective with Minoxidil. When combined with the use of minoxidil 5%, microneedling has been shown to have positive effects on hair growth over a 12-week period.
- Ideal to Treat Alopecia Areata. Microneedling for scalp is particularly effective for patients with Alopecia Areata and Androgenetic Alopecia, as well as those experiencing male pattern baldness, receding hairline, and thinning hair.
- 12-Week Regime is Ideal. For Wellaholic’s Microneedling for Scalp, a weekly treatment for 12 weeks is recommended to see good results, as supported by case studies demonstrating the effectiveness of microneedling for hair loss.
Is Microneedling for Scalp Hair Growth Treatment Backed By Science?
There has been numerous research studies which shows the effectiveness of microneedling with Minoxidil for hair growth.
Study 1: A Randomized Evaluator Blinded Study of Effect of Microneedling in Androgenetic Alopecia: A Pilot Study (2013) [source]
- In 2013, 100 men with Androgenetic Alopecia (AGA) were recruited to take part in a study which tested the effects of microneedling on hair growth. 94 men completed the study.
- The men were randomly split into two groups. The first group, which consisted of 50 volunteers, was treated with both microneedling and minoxidil (5 percent) lotion.
- The second group, which consisted of 44 volunteers, was treated with minoxidil (5 percent) lotion.
- The group which combined Microneedling with Minoxidil application saw a significant hair growth as compared to the minoxidil-only group
Study 2: Response to Microneedling Treatment in Men with Androgenetic Alopecia Who Failed to Respond to Conventional Therapy (2015) [source]
- In 2015, researchers recruited four men who had been on 5 percent minoxidil solution for the past two to five years (9). While their hair loss didn’t continue, there were no signs of growth.
- The four men were subjected to microneedling sessions over a six-month period combined with their current therapies.
- A 7-point evaluation scale was used to track results, and the men were followed up with for 18 months to assess treatment sustainability.
- The patients experienced a +2 or +3 on the standardised evaluation scale, and new hair growth was noted after 8 – 10 sessions. Even further, these results were sustained over 18 months.
- This is the first case series to report the boosting effect of microneedling with respect to new hair follicle stimulation in patients with androgenetic alopecia who were poor responders to conventional therapy.
Are There Before and After Photos of the Treatment?
Pricing of Hair Loss Treatments by Wellaholic
- Price Transparency. Wellaholic offers pricing transparency by publishing and updating all prices on our website.
- Flexible Per-Session or Unlimited Plans. Customers can choose from unlimited monthly hair regrowth plans for the best cost-savings, or per-session hair regrowth price plans.
- Mix and Match Easily. Wellaholic’s hair regrowth prices are divided into different categories for easy selection.
- No Price Shocks. Customers can expect to pay only for the treatments provided instead of being surprised by additional fees or charges at the end of their hair regrowth session.
Please click on the menu below to see the pricing for the various hair loss treatments by Wellaholic. Prices are nett and inclusive of GST. Wellaholic is well-known in the industry for our transparent pricing and no hard selling. In fact, Wellaholic is well-known for not only our transparent and cheap pricing but also without any hidden costs. All prices are nett and inclusive of GST, and are actual prices (i.e. not trial prices).
Why Wellaholic is One of the Best Hair Loss Treatment Providers in Singapore?
- Advanced Hair Regrowth Technologies. Wellaholic offers a range of hair loss treatments, including advanced technologies like microneedling and low-level laser therapy.
- Customised Treatment Plans. The clinic provides customized treatment plans for each individual, based on their specific hair loss concerns and needs.
- Experienced Staff. Wellaholic’s team of experienced therapists use high-quality products and equipment to ensure effective results.
- Price Transparency with No Hidden Costs. Wellaholic is committed to transparency and provides clear and upfront pricing for all their services, without any hidden costs.
- Positive Results from Customers. Wellaholic has received positive reviews from satisfied customers, who have noticed significant improvements in their hair growth and overall confidence.
Reason 1: Wellaholic Offers Comprehensive Hair Regrowth Services and Expertise
Wellaholic offers different types of hair regrowth treatments for your hair regrowth needs. Our hair regrowth packages can be broken down into the following categories:
- HairGrow Hair Regrowth Plan
- HairGrow™ is an effective solution for hair loss by combining Wellaholic’s three hair regrowth treatments with free additional weekly Low Level Laser Treatments (LLLT) to supercharge your hair regrowth.
- See hair regrowth results over a 12-week period.
- HairGrow combines all three different scientific hair regrowth treatments of Microneedling for Scalp, Scalp Booster and LLLT to accelerate your hair regrowth efforts.
- Pay for 2 treatments and get the 3rd treatment free.
- Microneedling for Scalp
- Microneedling for Scalp helps treat hair loss and promote hair regrowth.
- Microneedling for Scalp is a Collagen Induction Therapy hair loss treatment in Singapore which is also able to cause controlled trauma in the scalp to promote hair growth.
- Together with the use of Minoxidil 5%, Microneedling can lead to positive effects on hair growth over a 12-week period.
- Especially effective for patients with Alopecia Areata and Androgenetic Alopecia, or male pattern baldness, receding hairline and thinning hair.
- Scalp Booster
- Scalp Booster uses two proven technologies of WellaBoost – Method One (High Pressure Jet Spray) and Method Two (Electroporation).
- This helps to improve the absorption of Minoxidil by the scalp by up to 17 times and is ideal for treating hair loss.
- Low Level Laser Therapy (LLLT)
- LLLT is a modern non-surgical hair loss treatment.
- LLLT uses laser light to stimulate cell growth and supercharge hair follicles.
- This laser technology helps to combat hair loss and improve the volume and appearance of hair.
- The LLLT helmet is FDA approved.
- The LLLT treatment has been proven to have no side effects and takes about 20 minutes per session.
Reason 2: Wellaholic Has Over 2000 Genuine Customer Reviews & Testimonials
- Over 50 Awards. Wellaholic’s treatments and services have been recognized by top beauty publications such as Daily Vanity, Beauty Insider, and Tropika Club Magazine, earning prestigious awards from 2018 to 2023.
- Over 2000 Verified Customer Reviews. Wellaholic has over 2000 verified positive reviews from our customers in Singapore and beyond.
- Verifiable Reviews. The reviews are verified and positive, which indicates the high level of customer satisfaction (see reviews below).
- Over 50% Repeat Customers. More than 50% of Wellaholic’s customers are repeat and recurring customers.
Reason 3: It’s Easy to Book an Appointment at Wellaholic
- Open 361 Days Per Year. Wellaholic’s 8 outlets are open 361 days a year, including public holidays, so that customers can easily book an appointment.
- No Queues. All appointments are booked in advanced to prevent the need to queue and wait unnecessarily during peak hours.
- Easy Online Booking. Customers can conveniently book and reschedule appointments online or via the booking app.
- No Extra Cost for Choosing Consultant. Customers can select their preferred consultant without having to pay any additional fees.