Bye-Bye Baldness: The Top Hair Loss Treatments for Singapore Men
Table of Contents
- 0.1 TL:DR Summary
- 0.2 Introduction: What hair loss treatments are available in Singapore?
- 0.3 Male pattern baldness: what is it and how common is it in Singapore?
- 0.4 Minoxidil: how does it work and what are the success rates?
- 0.5 Finasteride: how does it work and what are the success rates?
- 0.6 Hair transplants: how do they work and what are the success rates?
- 0.7 Scalp Microneedling: how does it work and what are the success rates?
- 0.8 Customer Success Story with Scalp Microneedling (Wellaholic)
- 0.9 Conclusion: which treatment is the most effective for Singapore men?
- 0.10 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- 0.11 Book Now Pay Later
- 0.12 Revolutionise Your Hair Regrowth Journey with Scalp RF Microneedling
- 1 Bye-Bye Baldness: Unveiling the Top Hair Loss Treatments for Singapore Men for Optimal Hair Regrowth and Health Maintenance
- Hair Loss Causes: Genetic factors, hormonal changes, stress, aging, and environmental factors.
- Prevention Strategies: Healthy lifestyle, gentle hair products, avoiding harsh chemicals and styling tools.
- Popular Treatments: Medications, topical solutions, supplements, laser therapy, surgical procedures.
- Treatment Pros and Cons: Medications and solutions may have side effects; supplements costly; laser therapy time-consuming; surgery risky.
- Effective Solution: Scalp RF microneedling stimulates hair growth, improves scalp health.
- Scalp RF Microneedling Benefits: Safe, effective, affordable, suitable for all hair types and stages.
Introduction: What hair loss treatments are available in Singapore?
In this article, I’ll explore the top hair loss treatments that have been gaining traction in Singapore.
My journey in this field, backed by a CIDESCO certification and extensive experience, has afforded me the privilege of understanding the nuances of various aesthetic treatments. This includes the latest in hair restoration techniques and technologies, which have evolved significantly over the years.
Drawing from conversations with our customers at Wellaholic, insights from industry experts, and ongoing research, I aim to shed light on the most promising treatments for combating baldness. Whether it’s advanced therapies or innovative products, my goal is to provide you with a clear understanding of what works in the realm of hair loss treatment.
So, if you’re curious about how to say ‘bye-bye’ to baldness and discover effective methods to regain fuller, healthier hair, keep reading.
See the table below for the possible hair loss or hair regrowth treatments available in Singapore and their general price range:
|Hair Loss Treatments Available in Singapore
|Price Range (SGD)
|$30 – $100 per month
|$50 – $150 per month
|$8,000 – $15,000
|Low-Level Laser Therapy (LLLT)
|$2,000 – $4,000 per year
|Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) Therapy
|$800 – $1,500 per session
|$2,000 – $5,000
|$20 – $80 per bottle
|Hair Regrowth Shampoos
|$20 – $50 per bottle
|Hair Growth Supplements
|$20 – $50 per bottle
|Hair Loss Concealers
|$30 – $100 per bottle
Approximately 20% of Singaporean women experience hair loss, with the majority being post-menopausal, based on a study compiled by Wellaholic.
Male pattern baldness: what is it and how common is it in Singapore?
If you are a man who is losing hair, you might be wondering what is causing it and how common it is. You might have heard of the term “male pattern baldness” before, but what does it mean exactly? And how many men in Singapore are affected by it? In this section, we will answer these questions and more.
- What is male pattern baldness?: Male pattern baldness, or androgenetic alopecia, is a condition that causes hair loss in men. It usually starts with a receding hairline and hair thinning on the crown of the head. Over time, the hair follicles become smaller and weaker, and eventually stop producing hair altogether. The result is a bald scalp or a horseshoe-shaped pattern of hair around the sides and back of the head.
- What causes male pattern baldness?: Male pattern baldness has genetic and hormonal roots. Some men have genes that make their hair follicles sensitive to dihydrotestosterone (DHT). DHT is a testosterone by-product, the male sex hormone. It binds to hair follicles, shrinking them over time, causing hair loss. Stress, illness, medication, diet, and lifestyle can also contribute to male pattern baldness.
- How common is male pattern baldness in Singapore?: Male pattern baldness is very common in Singapore. According to a survey by Nielsen in 2019, about 50% of men in Singapore experience some degree of hair loss by the age of 40. This percentage increases with age, reaching up to 80% by the age of 70. Male pattern baldness affects men of all races and ethnicities, but it may be more noticeable in men with darker hair.
“Say goodbye to baldness and hello to a full head of hair with the best hair loss treatments available!”
Minoxidil: how does it work and what are the success rates?
One of the most popular and widely used treatments for hair loss is minoxidil. You might have seen it in pharmacies or online under different brand names, such as Rogaine or Regaine. But what is minoxidil and how does it work? And more importantly, how effective is it for hair loss? In this section, we will answer these questions and more.
- What is minoxidil and how does it work?: Minoxidil is a topical solution that you apply to your scalp twice a day. It was originally developed as a medication for high blood pressure, but it was found to have a side effect of stimulating hair growth. The exact mechanism of how minoxidil works is not fully understood, but it is believed to increase blood flow to the scalp and extend the growth phase of the hair cycle. This means that minoxidil can help prevent hair loss and promote hair regrowth by nourishing and strengthening the hair follicles.
- What are the success rates of minoxidil?: Minoxidil has been clinically proven to be effective for hair loss, especially for male pattern baldness. According to studies, about 40% of men who use minoxidil experience moderate to dense hair regrowth after six months of treatment. Another 40% experience minimal hair regrowth, while 20% do not see any improvement. The success rates may vary depending on the individual, the cause and severity of hair loss, the concentration and frequency of minoxidil use, and the compliance with the treatment regimen.
Minoxidil is usually safe and well-tolerated. Some people might experience side effects like scalp irritation, itching, dryness, flaking, or redness. These side effects are often mild and temporary.
They can be reduced by using a lower minoxidil concentration or applying it less frequently. Rarely, serious side effects like allergic reactions, chest pain, palpitations, dizziness, or swelling can occur. If you experience these side effects, stop using minoxidil and consult your doctor immediately.
Finasteride: how does it work and what are the success rates?
Another common and effective treatment for hair loss is finasteride. You might have heard of it as Propecia or Proscar. But what is finasteride and how does it work? And more importantly, how effective is it for hair loss? In this section, we will answer these questions and more.
- What is finasteride and how does it work?: Finasteride is an oral medication that you take once a day. It is a type of 5-alpha reductase inhibitor, which means it works by blocking the enzyme that converts testosterone into DHT. DHT is the hormone that causes hair loss in men with male pattern baldness.
- By reducing the amount of DHT in the scalp, finasteride can help prevent hair loss and stimulate hair regrowth by prolonging the growth phase of the hair cycle. This means that finasteride can help restore your hairline and density by reversing the miniaturization of the hair follicles.
- What are the success rates of finasteride?: Finasteride has been clinically proven to be effective for hair loss, especially for male pattern baldness. According to studies, about 65% of men who use finasteride experience significant hair regrowth after one year of treatment.
- Another 30% experience no further hair loss, while 5% continue to lose hair. The success rates may vary depending on the individual, the cause and severity of hair loss, the dosage and duration of finasteride use, and the compliance with the treatment regimen.
Hair transplants: how do they work and what are the success rates?
If you are looking for a more permanent and natural-looking solution for your hair loss, you might want to consider hair transplants. Hair transplants are a type of cosmetic surgery that involves moving hair from one area of your head to another. But how do hair transplants work and what are their success rates? In this section, we will answer these questions and more.
- How do hair transplants work?: Hair transplants work by taking hair follicles from a donor area, usually the back or sides of your head, and grafting them onto a recipient area, usually the front or top of your head. The donor area is where you have healthy and dense hair that is resistant to DHT. The recipient area is where you have thinning or balding hair that is sensitive to DHT. By transplanting hair follicles from the donor area to the recipient area, you can restore your hairline and density with your own natural hair.
- What are the types of hair transplants?: There are two main types of hair transplants: follicular unit transplantation (FUT) and follicular unit extraction (FUE). Both types involve harvesting and implanting hair follicles, but they differ in how they do it.
- FUT: The traditional method of hair transplant is Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT). It involves removing a skin strip from the donor area. This strip is divided into small grafts, each containing one to four hair follicles. These grafts are implanted into tiny incisions in the recipient area. FUT’s advantage is that it can produce more grafts in one session, achieving higher density. The disadvantage is that it leaves a linear scar on the donor area, which may be visible with short hair.
- FUE: Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) is a newer, advanced hair transplant method. It uses a special device to extract individual hair follicles from the donor area without skin cutting. These follicles are implanted into tiny holes in the recipient area. FUE’s advantage is that it leaves no visible scars on the donor area and has a quicker recovery time. However, FUE may require more sessions and achieve lower density than FUT.
- What are the success rates of hair transplants?: Hair transplants have high success rates, especially when performed by experienced and skilled surgeons. According to studies, about 85% to 95% of transplanted hairs will grow successfully within six months of the procedure. The results will look natural and permanent, as long as you have enough donor hairs to cover the balding areas. However, some factors may affect the success rates of hair transplants, such as:
- The quality and quantity of your donor hairs
- The size and shape of your balding areas
- The technique and skill of your surgeon
- The post-operative care and maintenance of your scalp
- Your age, health, and lifestyle
Scalp Microneedling: how does it work and what are the success rates?
Scalp microneedling involves using a specialized device equipped with fine needles to create tiny punctures on the scalp’s surface. This process, which I often describe to my clients as ‘controlled injury,’ triggers the body’s natural wound healing mechanisms. As a result, there’s an increase in blood flow and the stimulation of new cell growth.
One of the key aspects of this treatment is the role of growth factors. When the scalp is gently pricked by the microneedles, it leads to the release of growth factors that are crucial for hair regeneration. This process also enhances the absorption of topical treatments, which can be particularly beneficial if used in conjunction with other hair growth products.
What Are the Success Rates?
The success rates of scalp microneedling can vary, largely depending on individual factors such as the underlying cause of hair loss, age, and overall health. In my experience, patients with conditions like alopecia areata or those experiencing thinning hair due to age-related changes have reported positive outcomes.
Clinical studies have shown promising results too. For instance, a study published in the ‘International Journal of Trichology‘ found that microneedling, when used in conjunction with topical minoxidil, was more effective than minoxidil alone in stimulating hair growth. However, it’s important to note that results can differ from person to person.
In one study compiled by Wellaholic, scalp RF microneedling was shown to increase hair density by up to 40% after 12 weeks of treatment.
Customer Success Story with Scalp Microneedling (Wellaholic)
Meet our first customer, a gentleman who embarked on his hair regrowth journey with Wellaholic in March. Over the course of eight months, he experienced a transformation that was nothing short of remarkable.
In the before photos taken in March, you can clearly see the areas of thinning and hair loss. However, as the months passed and he continued with his HairGrow 3X treatments, the change became evident. The after photos taken in November show a significant increase in hair density and coverage.
This customer’s journey is a testament to the effectiveness of Wellaholic’s hair regrowth treatments. His commitment to the treatment plan and our expertise combined to create a success story that speaks volumes about the potential of our hair regrowth treatments. To read our customer success stories with before and after photos, click this link.
Conclusion: which treatment is the most effective for Singapore men?
In this article, we have explored some of the top hair loss treatments for Singapore men. We have looked at how they work, what their success rates are, and how much they cost. We have also shared some tips on how to choose the best treatment for your needs and preferences.
However, there is no one-size-fits-all answer to which treatment is the most effective for Singapore men. The best treatment for you depends on various factors, such as:
- The cause and severity of your hair loss
- Your budget and availability
- Your expected results and side effects
- Your credibility and reputation of the provider
Therefore, we recommend that you consult with a professional hair specialist before deciding on any treatment. A hair specialist can help you diagnose your hair loss condition, recommend the most suitable treatment for you, and monitor your progress and results.
At Wellaholic, we are passionate about helping you achieve your hair goals. We offer a range of hair loss treatments that are safe, effective, and affordable. Whether you are looking for a topical medication, an oral medication, a hair transplant, or something else, we have got you covered.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What percentage of Singaporean men experience hair loss by the age of 40, and how does this change with age?
Which Hair Loss Treatment is Best for Men?
How Much Does Hair Loss Treatment Cost for Men?
What is the Best Solution for Hair Fall for Men?
What is the success rate of hair transplants in Singapore, and what factors influence this?
Can hair loss treatments be less effective due to environmental factors specific to Singapore?
Is PRP Banned in Singapore?
Willie Chan, Founder
Willie Chan, a visionary leader and relentless pursuer of excellence, is the Founder and Managing Director of Wellaholic, a renowned aesthetic chain with 8 outlets across Singapore. With a strong belief in evidence-based, effective, and affordable aesthetic treatments, Willie ensures that customers receive the best care possible. His ENTJ Myer-Briggs personality drives him to set clear visions and pursue them without excuses. Willie holds a CIDESCO as well as Beauty Therapy & Salon Management from Brentwood College UK and has studied Operations Management at The Wharton School and Management at Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München, equipping him with a solid foundation in the business of aesthetics.
GET IN TOUCH
Book Now Pay Later
Revolutionise Your Hair Regrowth Journey with Scalp RF Microneedling
- ⭐ RF Microneedling and AGA Treatment. RF microneedling + minoxidil can help treat AGA (male pattern baldness).
- ⭐ Efficacy in Pattern Hair Loss. RF microneedling is effective for hair loss in both men and women.
- ⭐ Study Results on Hair Density Increase. A study found that RF microneedling can improve hair density by 25% after one year.
- ⭐ Adjustable Depth of Microneedling. Microneedling depth can be customized from 0.5 mm to 2.5 mm.
- ⭐ Flexible RF Microneedling Frequency. RF Microneedling sessions can be spaced from weekly to monthly, depending on your needs.
- ⭐ Award-Winning. Wellaholic’s treatments have been recognized by top beauty publications such as Daily Vanity, Beauty Insider, and Tropika Club Magazine.
- ⭐ Over 2000 Verified Customer Reviews. Wellaholic has over 30 industry awards and over 2000 positive reviews from customers, and >50% are repeat customers.