Microneedling Safety Guidelines & Care Instructions
Table of Contents
- Safety Guidelines for Microneedling
- Is Microneedling effective for acne scars?
- What are the serums that I can use with Microneedling?
Microneedling is a safe, minimally invasive, and effective aesthetic treatment for several different dermatological conditions including acne and other scars. Given its expedient post-treatment recovery, limited side effect profile, and significant clinical results, microneedling is a valuable alternative to more invasive procedures such as laser skin resurfacing and deep chemical peeling.
About 4 to 6 Microneedling sessions with a gap of 4 to 8 weeks per session are required for the most effective results, including acne scars, pigmentation and wrinkles.
Safety Guidelines for Microneedling
- For safety and hygiene reasons, the needle cartridge can only be used once and then disposed after usage.
- Customers may experience minor redness and irritation for a few days after the procedure. Active skincare regime is recommended after Day 3.
- Microneedling is not safe for customers who use certain acne medications or for women who are pregnant.
- Microneedling may also not be safe for customers who have certain skin diseases such as psoriasis or eczema, as well as any open wounds.
- The treated skin will be more sensitive to the sun, so sunblock is a must.
- It is recommended to stop using topical retinoids before treatment (at least for a day).
- If the customer chooses to use the numbing cream, care must be taken to thoroughly clear away the numbing cream before treatment. This is because the numbing cream is a poison and can cause very serious side-effects if it enters the bloodstream (via the microneedling process).
More about Microneedling
What is Microneedling?
Wellaholic’s Microneedling is a safe, minimally invasive, and effective aesthetic treatment for several different dermatologic conditions including acne and other scars. Given its expedient post-treatment recovery, limited side effect profile, and significant clinical results, microneedling is a valuable alternative to more invasive procedures such as laser skin resurfacing and deep chemical peeling.
Microneedling facial treatments have proven to be more effective than surgical treatments, laser resurfacing and chemical peels in stimulating the production of collagen and elastin. Microneedling also helps remove wrinkles and smooth acne scars.
What are the advantages of microneedling treatments?
Microneedling can also be done at a fraction of the cost when compared to surgical treatments. It appears to be an overall effective and safe therapeutic option for numerous dermatologic conditions.
Microneedling facial is an excellent non-surgical treatment that can help men achieve smoother, clearer skin and natural results. Microneedling is extremely effective to smooth acne scars and lighten pigmentation. Microneedling has also been proven to be
Microneedling is a popular procedure using tiny needle pricks to treat acne scars, wrinkles, large pores, and more. It’s minimally invasive and has a quick recovery time. In this article, let’s answer some questions about this trending aesthetic treatment that’s creating waves in the beauty industry.
In this article by Wellaholic, learn about the differences between microneedling and laser treatments and why both are ideal for your skin conditions. While lasers is effective for tissue tightening, microneedling can quickly and effectively address issue
This study demonstrates that four microneedling treatments of facial skin, spaced four weeks apart, significantly improve lines, wrinkles, skin laxity and skin texture, 90 and 150 days after the first treatment. The treatment was well tolerated with minim
What Kind of Facial is Ideal for My Skin Concern? A facial is essentially a multi-step skin treatment that is one of the best ways to take care of your skin. A facial cleanses, exfoliates, and nourishes the skin, promoting a clear, well-hydrated complexion and can help your skin look younger. You also receive advice on the best way to take care of your skin. A facial works best when it is part of an on-going program of skin care.
Is Microneedling effective for acne scars?
- Microneedling is extremely effective for Acne Scars.
- A 2015 study of microneedling’s effect on atrophic acne scars revealed that patients experienced noticeable clinical improvement in the look of their post-acne scarring after three months of microneedling treatments. (Source3)
- Gliding tiny micro needles over the skin breaks down collagen bundles in the top layer of the dermis, which are responsible for those uneven scars.
- A retinol-based serum in this instance would provide additional exfoliating power to smoothen the acne scars.
- About 4 to 6 sessions with a gap of 2 to 4 weeks per session are required for the most effective acne scar removal.
What are the serums that I can use with Microneedling?
HYALURONIC ACID 2% + VITAMIN B5
This formula uses three forms of HA with varying molecular weights, as well as an HA Crosspolymer.
This offers full-depth hydration and visible plumping without drawing water out of the skin.
B5 further enhances surface hydration.
USAGE: HYDRATION AND PLUMPING
RESVERATROL 3% + FERULIC ACID 3%
- This formula combines very high concentrations of two of the most powerful and important antioxidants in skincare: Resveratrol and Ferulic Acid.
- Skincare formulations generally incorporate Resveratrol at 1% or less and Ferulic Acid at 0.5% or less.
- This formula an exceptionally high concentration of resveratrol.
- USAGE: ANTI-AGEING
MATRIXYL™ 10% + HYALURONIC ACID
- Matrixyl™ is a trademarked peptide composition developed by Sederma Inc. in France.
- This highly-effective composition has been shown to reduce the look of static and dynamic wrinkles.
- This formula contains two generations of Matrixyl™, at a combined concentration of 10% by weight in a specialized Hyaluronic Acid delivery system.
- USAGE: INTERNAL PLUMPING TO FILL UP SCARS AND WRINKLES