Your Expert Guide to Laser Treatment For Hair Loss
Table of Contents
- 1 TL:DR Summary
- 2 Introduction
- 3 Background on Low Level Laser Treatment for Hair Loss
- 4 “The latest laser treatments for hair loss provide a safe and effective way to restore your hair’s health – let us be your expert guide!”
- 5 How is laser hair therapy supposed to work?
- 6 Is there clinical evidence to show the effectiveness of laser treatments for hair loss?
- 7 How is low level laser hair therapy administered ?
- 8 How Does LLLT Treat Hair Loss?
- 9 Are there any negative effects of laser treatment for hair loss?
- 10 Who are the best candidates for low level laser treatment for hair loss?
- 11 Light the Way to a Fuller Head of Hair with LLLT
- 12 Is Low Level Laser Therapy Backed by Science?
- 13 Pricing of Hair Loss Treatments by Wellaholic
- 14 Book Now Pay Later
- 15 Why Wellaholic is One of the Best Hair Loss Treatment Providers in Singapore?
- Laser treatment for hair loss is a non-invasive procedure that uses low-level laser therapy (LLLT) to stimulate hair follicles and improve hair density and quality.
- Laser treatment for hair loss works by delivering light energy to the scalp, which increases blood flow, oxygen, and nutrients to the hair follicles, and activates the growth phase of the hair cycle.
- Laser treatment for hair loss is proven to be effective for treating androgenetic alopecia, alopecia areata, and telogen effluvium, as well as improving the results of other treatments such as minoxidil or microneedling.
- Laser treatment for hair loss is safe and painless and has minimal side effects such as temporary redness or tingling. However, it should be avoided by people with photosensitivity, scalp infections, or cancer.
- Laser treatment for hair loss requires consistency and patience as it may take up to six months to see noticeable results and must be continued indefinitely to maintain them.
Laser treatment for hair loss? Oh yeah, it’s a thing, and it’s becoming a game-changer in Singapore’s bustling beauty and wellness scene. If you’ve been scouring the internet, leafing through health magazines, or chatting with your beauty-savvy friends about ways to halt that receding hairline, you’ve likely stumbled across this innovative treatment. But what’s all the buzz about? Powered by cutting-edge technology, laser treatment for hair loss is not only a non-invasive solution but also a clinically proven method to stimulate hair growth. Forget messy creams and painful surgeries; this is the modern, fuss-free way to reignite the confidence that comes with a full head of hair.
Now, you might be wondering, “Does it really work? Is it safe?” Take a deep breath and worry not, because we’ve got you covered. Whether you’re new to the world of hair restoration or have tried every potion and pill under the sun, this is your ultimate guide to understanding laser treatment for hair loss in Singapore. From how it actually works to what you can expect during your sessions, we’ve dug deep to bring you the inside scoop. Read on and take the first step towards reclaiming that luscious mane you’ve been dreaming of!
Background on Low Level Laser Treatment for Hair Loss
Low-Level Laser Treatment for Hair Growth: An Overview
Based on a study conducted in 2014, low-level laser treatment has been found to be effective and safe for promoting hair growth in both men and women.
Laser Hair Treatment and Hair Growth: Findings from a 2013 Study
A separate research study carried out in 2013 on 41 men between the ages of 18 and 48 revealed that laser hair treatment resulted in a 39% increase in hair growth over a period of 16 weeks.
The Potential of Laser Therapy for Hair Regrowth
In this detailed guide, Wellaholic explores the potential of laser therapy in mitigating hair loss and promoting hair regrowth for both male and female pattern hair loss. With certain treatments, it may be possible to not only slow down or halt thinning hair or related hair loss conditions, but also regrow hair that was previously thought to be permanently lost.
“The latest laser treatments for hair loss provide a safe and effective way to restore your hair’s health – let us be your expert guide!”
How is laser hair therapy supposed to work?
Understanding the Hair Growth Cycle
The hair growth cycle comprises three distinct phases: the growth phase (anagen), the resting phase (telogen), and the shedding phase (catagen). Hair loss in androgenetic alopecia is linked to a derivative of testosterone in the skin, known as dihydrotestosterone (DHT). Low-level laser therapy is thought to stimulate blood flow in the scalp and invigorate the metabolism in the catagen or telogen follicles, leading to the production of anagen hair.
The Science Behind Laser Therapy for Hair Regrowth
On a molecular level, the photons from the light act upon an enzyme in the cells called cytochrome C oxidase. This interaction leads to the production of adenosine triphosphate (ATP), which gets converted into cyclic AMP in the hair follicle cells. This triggers energy release and stimulates the metabolic processes necessary for hair growth. Furthermore, the release of nitric oxide from the cells results in improved vascularisation to the scalp, ensuring better nutrient and oxygen supply to the hair roots. Consequently, the excessive build-up of DHT is inhibited.
Simplified Explanation: How Low-Level Light Therapy Promotes Hair Growth
If we were to simplify the explanation, we could compare low-level light therapy to watering plants. In this analogy, our scalp is the plant and the laser represents the water. The scalp absorbs energy from the laser, stimulating hair follicles and enhancing the distribution of blood supply and nutrients. Therefore, low-level light therapy encourages hair regrowth in a similar way that water helps a plant grow.
Is there clinical evidence to show the effectiveness of laser treatments for hair loss?
The Medical Opinion on Low-Level Laser Therapy for Hair Loss
Physicians’ views on the efficacy of low-level laser therapy for hair loss differ. Some medical professionals completely dismiss its usage, while others believe it can offer benefits for both men and women suffering from androgenic alopecia, also known as genetic hair loss. It has also been suggested that low-level laser therapy can aid in the postoperative wound healing process for hair transplant patients, and potentially accelerate hair growth.
Study on Low-Level Laser Therapy Effectiveness
Results from a double-blind, sham device-controlled, randomized multi-centre trial provide evidence-based insights into the effectiveness of low-level laser therapy. The trial involved 110 male participants suffering from Norwood-Hamilton classes IIa-V androgenic alopecia. After 26 weeks of treatment with a laser light comb, these participants displayed a significantly higher increase in mean terminal hair density compared to those in the sham device group.
Methodology and Results of the Laser Therapy Trial
The researchers captured macro photographs of all the subjects’ scalps at the beginning and end of the trial. They used advanced hair counting software to identify the number of normal-sized hairs that grew as a result of using either device. According to the trial, hair growth increased by an average of 19 normal-size hairs per square centimetre in subjects who used laser therapy. Conversely, the number of normal-size hairs decreased by an average of 7 per square centimetre in those using the placebo device.
How is low level laser hair therapy administered ?
Low level laser hair therapy (LLLT) is typically administered using a handheld device that emits low levels of laser light onto the scalp. The device is moved over the affected areas of the scalp for a specified amount of time, typically around 20-30 minutes per session. The laser light is absorbed by the hair follicles, which stimulates growth and improves blood flow to the area. LLLT can also be administered through a helmet-like device that covers the entire scalp. Treatment schedules vary depending on the individual’s needs and the severity of their hair loss, but most people undergo several sessions per week for several months.
How Does LLLT Treat Hair Loss?
Low-Level Laser Therapy (LLLT) is a non-invasive treatment for hair loss that uses low-level lasers or light-emitting diodes (LEDs) to stimulate hair growth. The therapy is thought to work by increasing blood flow and oxygen delivery to the hair follicles, as well as by enhancing cellular metabolism and protein synthesis. The lasers or LEDs used in LLLT penetrate the scalp and are absorbed by the hair follicles, where they trigger a series of physiological reactions that lead to hair growth. LLLT is a painless and safe treatment, and it has been shown to be effective in reducing hair loss and promoting hair regrowth in both men and women with androgenetic alopecia. LLLT can be used alone or in combination with other hair loss treatments, such as topical or oral medications, for optimal results.
Low-level laser therapy (LLLT) is a non-invasive treatment for hair loss that works by stimulating hair follicles and promoting hair growth. Here’s how LLLT treats hair loss or balding:
|Features||Explanation of How LLLT Treats Hair Loss|
|Increases blood flow||LLLT increases blood flow to the scalp and hair follicles. This increased blood flow delivers more oxygen and nutrients to the hair follicles, which can promote hair growth.|
|Stimulates hair follicles||LLLT stimulates hair follicles in the resting (telogen) phase to enter the growth (anagen) phase. This can lead to an increase in the number of hair follicles in the growth phase, which can promote hair growth.|
|Reduces inflammation||LLLT can reduce inflammation in the scalp, which can be a contributing factor in hair loss.|
|Promotes cell growth||LLLT promotes cell growth and repair in the scalp and hair follicles, which can promote hair growth.|
|Energizes hair follicles||LLLT provides energy to hair follicles, which can help them function more effectively and promote hair growth.|
|Non-invasive and safe||LLLT is a non-invasive treatment for hair loss that is generally considered safe. It does not require any incisions or injections, which can minimize the risk of complications. LLLT is associated with few side effects, and there is no evidence to suggest that it carries any long-term risks or complications.|
|Evidence-based treatment||Clinical studies have found LLLT to be a safe and effective treatment for hair loss, particularly for male and female pattern baldness. LLLT has been shown to increase hair density and thickness, and it works by promoting blood flow, stimulating hair follicles, reducing inflammation, promoting cell growth, and energizing hair follicles.|
Are there any negative effects of laser treatment for hair loss?
There are a number of reasons that some individuals are not as positive about the procedure, such as: To see results, treatment frequently calls for several sessions a week for a variety of months. The number of sessions could taper off, many carriers suggest that you continue treatments for the rest of your life.
Who are the best candidates for low level laser treatment for hair loss?
Reduced degree laser therapy is meant for men and women with thinning hair or pattern baldness triggered by a hereditary condition. Physicians utilize a system known as the Norwood-Hamilton Classification (men) and the Ludwig-Savin Range (females) to explain the level of loss of hair. Low level laser treatment is meant for promo of hair growth in males that have Norwood Hamilton Classifications of IIa to V and in women that have Ludwig (Savin) I-4, II-1, II-2, or frontal patterns of hair loss and have Fitzpatrick skin phototypes I to IV.
Light the Way to a Fuller Head of Hair with LLLT
- ⭐ Cold Laser to Stimulate Hair Cell Growth. LLLT is a non-surgical and contemporary hair loss treatment that employs cold laser light to stimulate cell growth and energize hair follicles.
- ⭐ Covers Entire Scalp. LLLT treatment is administered through a handheld device or a helmet-like device that covers the entire scalp.
- ⭐ Effective for Male and Female Pattern Hair Loss. Clinical studies have demonstrated that LLLT is an effective treatment option for male and female pattern baldness, as well as other forms of hair loss.
- ⭐ Safe and No Downtime. LLLT is generally considered safe and does not cause any significant side effects.
- ⭐ Results May Take Several Months. LLLT treatment results may take months to become visible, and continuous treatment may be required to sustain hair growth.
Is Low Level Laser Therapy Backed by Science?
- ⭐ Clinical Trials Certified. LLLT has been studied in numerous clinical trials as a potential treatment for hair loss.
- ⭐ Stimulate Hair Follicles. LLLT is believed to stimulate hair follicles and increase blood flow to the scalp.
- ⭐ Minimal Side Effects. The studies have shown that LLLT treatment can be safe and well-tolerated, with minimal side effects reported.
- ⭐ Depends on Age, Sex and Extend of Hair Loss. LLLT’s effectiveness can differ based on individual factors such as age, gender, and the degree of hair loss.
Study 1: Low-Level Laser (Light) Therapy (LLLT) for Treatment of Hair Loss (2013) [source]
- 🔵 2014 Study. A 2013 study involved 15 patients who were treated with an LLLT device that stimulated wavelengths between 6000 to 1600nm.
- 🔵 Treated Scalp with Device. The patients’ scalps were irradiated regularly with the device.
- 🔵 47% Hair Growth. The study found that 47% of patients experienced hair growth 1.6 months earlier in irradiated areas than non-irradiated areas.
- 🔵 2013 Study. 48 males were recruited. 22 males were subjected to the LLLT helmet with 5MW lasers and 30 LEDS (655+20nm). The remaining 19 were placebo.
- 🔵 35% in Hair Growth. Based on this study, there was a 35% increase in hair growth for the males with the LLLT helmet.
- 🔵 Improved Hair Counts. LLLT of the scalp at 655 nm significantly improved hair counts in males with androgenetic alopecia.
Pricing of Hair Loss Treatments by Wellaholic
- 💎 Price Transparency. Wellaholic publishes all prices on its website.
- 💎 Flexible Per-Session or Unlimited Plans. Customers can choose from unlimited monthly hair regrowth plans for the best cost-savings, or per-session hair regrowth price plans.
- 💎 Mix and Match Easily. Wellaholic’s hair regrowth prices are categorized for easy selection.
- 💎 No Price Shocks. No hidden fees. Pay only for the treatments you receive.
GET IN TOUCH
Book Now Pay Later
Why Wellaholic is One of the Best Hair Loss Treatment Providers in Singapore?
- ✅ Advanced Hair Regrowth Technologies. Wellaholic offers hair loss treatments with microneedling, RF and laser technologies.
- ✅ Customised Treatment Plans. Customized hair loss treatment plans based on individual concerns and needs.
- ✅ Experienced Staff. Wellaholic’s experienced therapists use top-of-the-line products and equipment for effective results
- ✅ Price Transparency with No Hidden Costs. Wellaholic commits to transparent pricing with no hidden costs for all services.
- ✅ Positive Results from Customers. Wellaholic customers report significant hair growth and improved confidence.
Reason 1: Wellaholic Offers Comprehensive Hair Regrowth Services and Expertise
Wellaholic offers a variety of hair regrowth treatments to suit your needs. Our hair regrowth packages include:
- ✅ HairGrow™ 3X
- ✅ Scalp RF Microneedling
- ✅ Scalp Microneedling
- ✅ Minoxidil Scalp Booster
- ✅ Low Level Laser Therapy (LLLT)
Reason 2: Wellaholic Has Over 2000 Genuine Customer Reviews & Testimonials
- ✅ Over 50 Awards. Wellaholic’s treatments and services have been awarded by top beauty publications such as Daily Vanity, Beauty Insider, and Tropika Club Magazine, spanning from 2018 to 2023.
- ✅ Over 2000 Verified Customer Reviews. Wellaholic has over 2000 verified positive reviews from our customers in Singapore and beyond.
- ✅ Verifiable Reviews. The reviews are verified and positive, which indicates the high level of customer satisfaction (see reviews below).
- ✅ Over 50% Repeat Customers. More than 50% of Wellaholic’s customers are repeat and recurring customers.