Microneedling vs Laser – What You Need To Know
Table of Contents
- 1 TL:DR Summary
- 2 Introduction to Microneedling and Lasers
- 3 What is the Difference between Laser and Microneedling?
- 4 “Microneedling and laser treatments can both be effective when used with the right intention – it’s all about finding the right solution for your individual needs.”
- 5 What are the Benefits of Microneedling?
- 6 Should I try one before the other?
- 7 What to take note of when doing Microneedling?
- 8 Can Microneedling Remove Acne Scars?
- 9 Can Microneedling Treat Enlarged Pores?
- 10 Can Microneedling Treat Hyperpigmentation?
- 11 Gold RF Microneedling Facial by Wellaholic
- 12 What is Gold RF Microneedling Facial Treatment?
- 13 What are the Benefits of Gold RF Microneedling Facial?
- 14 Pricing of Facial Treatments by Wellaholic
- 15 Why Wellaholic is One of the Best Facial Providers in Singapore?
- What are microneedling and laser? Microneedling and laser are skin rejuvenation treatments that use tiny needles and light energy to stimulate collagen production and improve skin texture.
- How do microneedling and laser work? Microneedling works by creating micro-injuries on the skin surface that trigger the healing process and increase blood flow. Laser works by delivering controlled heat to the deeper layers of the skin that cause cellular damage and regeneration.
- What are the benefits of microneedling and laser? Microneedling and laser can help reduce wrinkles, scars, pores, pigmentation, stretch marks and sagging skin.
- What are the drawbacks of microneedling and laser? Microneedling and laser can cause some discomfort, redness, swelling, bruising and infection if not done properly or hygienically.
- How to choose between microneedling and laser? You should consider your skin type, skin condition, budget, pain tolerance and desired results.
- Where to get microneedling and laser in Singapore? Wellaholic offers professional and affordable microneedling and laser treatments with certified therapists and advanced technology.
Introduction to Microneedling and Lasers
Microneedling is a new treatment that is becoming more popular because it has little downtime and quick results. It uses tiny needles to make small holes in your skin and stimulate healing and collagen production. Microneedling can help with many skin problems, but it is especially good for deep wrinkles around your mouth. Lasers are another way to treat your skin, but they use light to heat up and damage your skin cells. Lasers can also help with many skin problems, but they have different levels of intensity and downtime. In this article, we will compare microneedling and lasers, and tell you what each one can do for your skin and which one is right for you. Keep reading.
While lasers is effective for tissue tightening, microneedling can quickly and effectively address issues ranging from stubborn wrinkles to stretch marks. Both treatments complement each other very well.
What is the Difference between Laser and Microneedling?
Laser treatments and microneedling are different in how they work. Lasers use light as energy to treat your skin. They can target specific things on your skin, like scars, brown spots, or red veins. They can do this without hurting the rest of your skin or changing your skin type. Laser treatments are good for specific skin problems. But laser treatments also need more time to recover from (from a few days to a few weeks).
Microneedling is a mechanical method of effective treatment
On the other hand, Microneedling is a mechanical method of effective treatment that has grown in popularity in recent years due to its results and benefits. Microneedling creates thousands of tiny channels of injury over a treatment area and forces the treated area to heal. This is ideal for a large area, such as the entire face. The results are not selective to a specific problem. On the contrary, microneedling can tremendously help with collagen regeneration, skin rejuvenation and skin turnover.
Here is a table that shows the differences between CO2 laser and microneedling facial treatments:
|Treatment||CO2 Laser Facial||Microneedling Facial|
|Treatment Type||Laser-based treatment||Non-laser based treatment|
|Procedure Description||Uses a laser to remove outer layer of skin||Uses a device with tiny needles to create micro-injuries in the skin|
|Targeted Issues||Wrinkles, fine lines, age spots, acne scars||Fine lines, wrinkles, acne scars, overall skin rejuvenation|
|Recovery Time||Several days to a week for redness and peeling||Minimal downtime, some redness and mild swelling|
|Pain/Discomfort||May cause discomfort during and after the treatment||May cause mild to moderate discomfort during the treatment|
|Effectiveness||Highly effective, noticeable results in a few weeks||Effective, but may require several treatments for best results|
|Cost||Expensive||Less expensive compared to CO2 laser|
“Microneedling and laser treatments can both be effective when used with the right intention – it’s all about finding the right solution for your individual needs.”
What are the Benefits of Microneedling?
On the other hand, microneedling together with micro-wounding creates controlled wounds on the skin surface that encourages healing in a way that tilling a field increases its yield. Microneedling is also affordable and inexpensive, and combines well with other aesthetic procedures as an ideal treatment.
Most dermatologists would recommended using microneedling devices with disposable tips
Generally, most dermatologists would recommended using microneedling devices with disposable tips (for safety and hygiene reasons) and with as many needles as possible. Drum-shaped needle rollers are hard to clean, and also hard to apply the appropriate pressure to the skin. In addition, the permanent needles dulls quickly and cannot reach the effectiveness of the microneedling pens.
Should I try one before the other?
If you are looking to proactively take care of your skin, and boost your skin or facial collagen, then microneedling is a quick and easy way to do so without much risk. It is also more affordable with less or no downtime. On the other hand, if you have a specific problem or issue that you would like to address and treat, then you might want to consider laser treatments for your specific condition to meet your goals.
What to take note of when doing Microneedling?
Technical Tips to Take Note When Performing Microneedling
For perioral rhytides and other indications, a simple microneedling approach without Radiofrequency (RF) assistance is adequate enough. There are some technical tips to take note of:
- Always use manual traction for smooth needle delivery. Always keep the skin taut. The therapist should be able to use the other hand to stretch the skin tight to target the deeper layers.
- Holding the device perpendicular to the skin to allow the needles to penetrate the skin at 90 degrees.
- Ideally perform multidirectional passes. By moving it back and forth, up and down, or in circular motions, it prevents the patients from looking like they have stripes.
- If the patient is able to tolerate it, aim for pinpoint bleeding. Severely photo damaged skin often bleeds immediately, while fibrotic skin or scars, particularly in non-facial areas, may require several passes to elicit pinpoint bleeding.
Can Microneedling Remove Acne Scars?
Treatment for Atropic Scars
For atrophic scars, traditional pulsed CO2 lasers can provide significant improvements with just one treatment. But to avoid post-treatment mismatches, the laser procedure must be delivered to entire cosmetic units or acne scarring. This is not the case with microneedling. With microneedling, a small area of atropic scars within a cosmetic unit can be treated without having to worry about colour mismatches.
Can Microneedling Treat Enlarged Pores?
Microneeding for Enlarged Pores
Yes, microneedling can be an effective treatment for enlarged pores. Microneedling involves the use of small, fine needles to create micro-injuries in the skin. This stimulates the skin’s natural healing response, including the production of collagen and elastin. As a result, the skin becomes firmer and more elastic, and the appearance of enlarged pores can be reduced.
Microneedling also helps to exfoliate the skin, removing dead skin cells and unclogging pores. This can lead to a reduction in the size of pores and an improvement in skin texture.
However, it’s important to note that the results of microneedling for enlarged pores may vary depending on the severity of the condition and the individual’s skin type. It’s always best to consult with a qualified skincare professional to determine the best treatment plan for your specific needs.
Can Microneedling Treat Hyperpigmentation?
Microneeding for Hyperpigmentation
Microneedling is a popular cosmetic treatment that involves using a device to create tiny punctures in the skin. This can improve the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and acne scars. It can also be used to treat hyperpigmentation, which is a common skin concern.
Hyperpigmentation occurs when there is an excess of melanin in the skin. This can be caused by sun exposure, hormone changes, or certain medications. It can lead to patches of dark skin on the face, neck, chest, or hands.
Microneedling can help to improve the appearance of hyperpigmentation by creating microscopic injuries in the skin. This stimulates the production of collagen and elastin, which can help to fade dark spots.
Gold RF Microneedling Facial by Wellaholic
Gold RF Microneedling is a revolutionary skin treatment that delivers dramatic anti-ageing results by combining fractional radiofrequency (RF) with microneedling to effectively treat acne, acne scar, pigmentation, stretch marks & enlarged pores. Gold RF Microneedling can also lift saggy skin and revitalise dull and uneven skin tone.
What is Gold RF Microneedling Facial Treatment?
If you are looking for an effective method to clear your acne scars, wrinkles or pigmentation, or if you are looking to tighten saggy skin such as jowl lines and nasolabial folds without any invasive surgery, then Gold RF Microneedling is the right treatment for you. Gold RF Microneedling combines two scientifically-proven techniques, microneedling and fractional radiofrequency (RF) to treat a variety of skin conditions.
- Uses Up to 64 Micro Needles. Gold RF Microneedling uses up to 64 needles to penetrate the skin, releasing RF energy to trigger collagen and elastin production for the ultimate anti-ageing treatment for a clearer complexion and firmer skin.
- Safe and Minimally Invasive. Gold RF Microneedling is a safe, minimally invasive.
- Effectively Treats Acne Scars, Pigmentation & Wrinkles. Extremely effective aesthetic treatment for treating acne scars, pigmentation, fine lines and wrinkles.
- Stimulates Collagen Growth. Gold RF Microneedling has the ability to stimulate the growth of collagen and elastin using the combination of Microneedling with Radiofrequency, which is the key to new, youthful-looking skin.
- Positive Clinical Results. Gold RF Microneedling has a dermatological treatment has seen extensive positive clinical results. This is an improvement over just doing a Microneedling or Radiofrequency treatment on its own.
What are the Benefits of Gold RF Microneedling Facial?
Gold RF Microneedling has all the skin resurfacing benefits of traditional microneedling, but with the added technology of insulated needles that deliver RF energy to the skin, creating new microchannels linking your skin’s layers.
- Create Tiny Wounds to Replace Skin Cells. Gold RF Microneedling create tiny wounds in your skin to prompt your body to replace old skin cells with healthy new ones
- RF Encourages Collagen Growth. RF energy heats deep layers of your dermis to encourage collagen growth and tissue tightening, leading to visibly healthier skin that continues to improve over the following months.
- Faster Cell Turnover. Gold RF Microneedling leads to faster cell turnover and quicker results than traditional microneedling.
- Shorter Recovery Time. Gold RF Microneedling has a shorter recovery time as compared to traditional microneedling, laser resurfacing treatments and chemical peels. There is also less risk of hyperpigmentation.
Pricing of Facial Treatments by Wellaholic
- Price Transparency. Wellaholic offers pricing transparency by publishing and updating all prices on our website.
- Flexible Per-Session or Unlimited Plans. Customers can choose from unlimited monthly facial plans for added cost savings, or per-session plans.
- Mix and Match Easily. Wellaholic’s facial plan prices are divided into different categories for easy selection.
- No Price Shocks. Customers can expect to pay only for the treatments provided instead of being surprised by additional fees or charges at the end of their hair removal session.
Why Wellaholic is One of the Best Facial Providers in Singapore?
- Leading Facial Aesthetic Chain in Singapore. Wellaholic is a leading facial and aesthetic chain in Singapore that is highly sought after by customers.
- Quality & Safe Treatments. The company is committed to providing quality and safe treatments with experienced staff.
- Wide Range of Facial Treatments. Wellaholic offers a wide range of facial treatments for various skin concerns, and using different technologies such as microneedling, RF, Elight, IPL and mesotherapy.
- Trained & Experienced Consultants. All treatments are performed by trained professionals who understand the skincare needs of both female and male customers.
- Advanced Facial Technology. Advanced facial technology is used to ensure a safe experience with no downtime or discomfort during the entire process.
- Most Affordable Provider. Wellaholic provides competitive pricing for its treatments which makes it one of the most affordable providers in Singapore.
Reason 1: Wellaholic Offers Comprehensive Facial Services and Expertise
Wellaholic offers 7 different types of facial services for your facial and skin needs. Our facials can be broken down into the following categories:
- WellaFacial Signature Facial Regime
- Extensive all-inclusive facial regime that includes the latest technologies.
- Promote cellular renewal and anti-aging.
- Ccombines WellaBoost + Microneedling (Face/Neck) + LED Cell Regen Facial to provide multiple benefits at an affordable price.
- WellaBoost Skin Booster
- Non-invasive facial skin booster which is injection-free.
- Combines two different technologies.
- Infuses the skin with 4 different types of facial serums.
- Helps to promote the increased hydration, collagen production, skin regeneration and healing
- Gold RF Microneedling / Microneedling
- Revolutionary skin treatment that delivers dramatic anti-ageing results.
- Combines fractional radiofrequency (RF) with microneedling.
- Effectively treats acne, acne scar, pigmentation, stretch marks & enlarged pores.
- Lifts saggy skin and revitalises dull and uneven skin tone.
- LED Cell Regen Facial
- Uses different wavelengths to target the skin for various beneficial effects.
- Able to improve skin elasticity, produce collagen, minimise blemishes and pimples.
- Soothes aggravated skin and even reduce scarring.
- Elight Unlimited Facial
- Six-step technology facial backed by scientific research
- Incorporates various technology treatments (RF, IPL, Diamond Peel microdermabrasion, LED Cell Regeneration, Retinol, REFA facial massage, etc.)
- Designed as an affordable unlimited monthly package with weekly visits.
- Brings out the best consistent results in flawless, younger-looking skin.
- RF V-Lift Facial
- Uses RF energy to heat tissue and stimulate sub-dermal collagen production.
- Reduces appearance of fine lines and loose skin.
- Induces tissue re-modelling and production of new collagen and elastin.
- Provides an alternative to facelift and other cosmetic surgeries.
- Diamond Peel Facial
- Non-invasive and mechanical procedure using diamond bits.
- Helps to remove dead skin cells, dirt and excess oil on the skin surface.
- Improves the appearance of skin, by revealing younger and radiant skin underneath in an instant.
Reason 2: Wellaholic Has Over 50 Awards and 2000 Genuine Customer Reviews
- Over 50 Awards. Wellaholic’s WellaSmooth and SHR Hair Removal have been recognized by top beauty publications such as Daily Vanity, Beauty Insider, and Tropika Club Magazine, earning prestigious awards from 2018 to 2023.
- Over 2000 Verified Customer Reviews. Wellaholic has over 2000 verified positive reviews from our customers in Singapore and beyond.
- Verifiable Reviews. The reviews are verified and positive, which indicates the high level of customer satisfaction (see reviews below).
- Over 50% Repeat Customers. More than 50% of Wellaholic’s customers are repeat and recurring customers.
Reason 3: It’s Easy to Book an Appointment at Wellaholic
- Open 361 Days Per Year. Wellaholic’s 8 outlets are open 361 days a year, including public holidays, so that customers can easily book an appointment.
- No Queues. All appointments are booked in advanced to prevent the need to queue and wait unnecessarily during peak hours.
- Easy Online Booking. Customers can conveniently book and reschedule appointments online or via the booking app.
- No Extra Cost for Choosing Consultant. Customers can select their preferred consultant without having to pay any additional fees.