Is Laser Hair Removal Worth the Money?
Table of Contents
- Introduction: The cost of laser hair removal and whether or not it is worth the money
- The Science of Laser Hair Removal
- The Pros of Laser Hair Removal
- The Cons of Laser Hair Removal
- Conclusion: Is laser hair removal worth the money?
- WellaSmooth All-inclusive Hair Removal Regime
- Pricing of SHR Hair Removal Treatments by Wellaholic
Introduction: The cost of laser hair removal and whether or not it is worth the money
Laser hair removal is an effective way to remove unwanted hair, but it is not without its costs. The cost of laser hair removal can vary depending on the technology used and the location of the treatment. Some people believe that laser hair removal is not worth the money, while others find it to be a worthwhile investment. It is important to weigh all of the pros and cons before making a decision whether or not laser hair removal is right for you.
The Science of Laser Hair Removal
During laser hair removal, the light energy is converted to heat, which damages the tube-shaped sacs within the skin (hair follicles) that produce hairs. The laser should damage only the hair follicle while avoiding damage to the skin. By targeting the root of the hair follicle, it will slowly reduce the number of hairs and therefore lessen the chances of ingrown hairs forming. This light energy converted into heat, which then destroys the hair follicle, preventing future hair growth.
Multiple laser hair removal treatments are needed for initial hair removal, and maintenance treatments might be needed as well. Just one laser hair removal treatment may be enough to make hair thinner, lighter and more fine, but in order to be completely hair-free, you will have to get the procedure done four to six times.
The Pros of Laser Hair Removal
There are a number of benefits to laser hair removal, including that it is an effective means of reducing unwanted hair. It is also a safe and painless process, which many people find to be more comfortable than other forms of hair removal. Additionally, laser hair removal can be done on all parts of the body, making it a versatile option for those who want to rid themselves of unwanted hair.
Your hair removal therapist will shave anything you’ve missed before applying the laser to your skin, anyway, as any visible hair will only get singed otherwise! – DON’T apply heavy make-up or products for 24 hours after your laser treatment to avoid clogging the skin and causing breakouts. – DO avoid sun exposure for a while after the treatment. – DON’T wax, epilate or pluck your hair in between treatments as it removes the hair from the root.
The Cons of Laser Hair Removal
There are a few potential cons to laser hair removal that should be considered before making the decision to undergo the procedure. First, the treatment is not 100% effective and requires multiple treatments over time to achieve desired results. Additionally, laser hair removal can lead to skin irritation and even permanent scars if done incorrectly. Finally, laser hair removal is expensive and may not be affordable for everyone.
Risks of side effects vary with skin type, hair color, treatment plan and adherence to pre-treatment and post-treatment care. Therefore, a contrast between hair and skin color — dark hair and light skin — results in the best outcomes. The risk of damage to skin is greater when there is little contrast between hair and skin color, but advances in laser technology have made laser hair removal an option for people who have darker skin.
If you have melanin-rich skin, you’ll have to ask more questions about the type of laser that’s being used during the treatment. (Laser hair removal typically caters to people with dark hair and fair skin, as the stark contrast between the skin pigment and hair is what the laser can more easily recognize and target.) For example, some providers use IPL (intense pulsed light) technology for hair removal, which targets melanin to destroy the hair follicle after repeated treatments; these devices can cause hyperpigmentation and hypopigmentation in deep skin tones. This is why Wellaholic uses SHR or Super Hair Removal technology, which is gentler on the skin (with little or no pain too!).
Conclusion: Is laser hair removal worth the money?
In conclusion, laser hair removal is worth the money for most people. It is a safe and effective way to remove hair permanently. However, it is not right for everyone, so be sure to consult with a medical professional before making a decision.
WellaSmooth All-inclusive Hair Removal Regime
WellaSmooth™ All-Inclusive Hair Removal is designed for an all-inclusive fuss-free full-body permanent hair removal experience with a 5-star rating. WellaSmooth™ All-Inclusive Hair Removal includes all-that-you-require shaving service, followed by SHR Unlimited Prestige hair removal which includes unlimited SHR shots for the entire body (including Brazilian/Boyzilian). Also included is our Skin Whitening / Hydrating post-treatment therapy (PTT) followed by our AfterGlow Red Light therapy.
What is WellaSmooth™ All-inclusive Hair Removal Regime?
- Voted Best Hair Removal Treatment by Daily Vanity Spa and Beauty Awards 2021.
- WellaSmooth™ All-Inclusive Hair Removal is designed for an all-inclusive fuss-free full-body permanent hair reduction experience.
- WellaSmooth™ All-Inclusive Hair Removal is ideal for all skin color, hair color, and all forms of hair.
- Also include is all-that-you-require shaving service for all body parts including your private regions.
- WellaSmooth™ All-Inclusive Hair Removal also includes the Skin Whitening / Hydrating (PTT) with AfterGlow™, which includes post-hair-removal skin whitening or skin hydration followed by our AfterGlow Red Light therapy for enhanced skin rejuvenation.
- Achieve smooth and glowing skin that will wow everyone.
- This treatment is ideal for both men and women, by male and female therapists.
- Get a package and choose your shaving, SHR permanent hair removal and post-treatment whitening and hydration done at any of our multiple outlets across Singapore.
WellaSmooth™ is your ultimate all-inclusive hair removal treatment in Singapore complete with shaving and post-treatment care.
WellaSmooth™ Includes the Following Three Hair Removal Services
- SHR Permanent Hair Removal PRESTIGE Unlimited – Enjoy our bestseller SHR hair reduction treatment for all body parts
- Unlimited Shaving Service – Enjoy unlimited shaving service on all body parts
- Skin Whitening/Hydrating (PTT) with AfterGlow – Enjoy post-treatment whitening or hydrating therapy followed by AfterGlow red-light treatment to rejuvenate your skin
Pricing of SHR Hair Removal Treatments by Wellaholic
Wellaholic believes in providing pricing transparency, and hence all prices are published and updated on its website. Choose from unlimited monthly hair removal plans (with unlimited SHR hair removal shots) for unlimited body parts, or choose from per-session hair removal price plans. Wellaholic’s hair removal prices are generally divided into the following categories: