SHR vs IPL – Why is SHR Hair Removal Better?
Table of Contents
- 0.1 TL:DR Summary
- 0.2 SHR vs IPL – Why SHR Hair Removal is Better
- 0.3 What is IPL Hair Removal?
- 0.3.1 How IPL works: using light and heat to damage hair follicles.
- 0.3.2 How IPL affects different skin tones: fairer skin may need more sessions, darker skin may feel more pain.
- 0.3.3 Hair Removal Procedures among Asian Women: A study by Wellaholic Research found that 71% of female respondents in Singapore and 63% in Malaysia reported using some form of hair removal.
- 0.4 What is SHR or Super Hair Removal?
- 0.5 SHR vs IPL Hair Removal: Why is SHR Better Than IPL?
- 0.6 Table: Advantages of SHR Hair Removal over IPL Hair Removal
- 0.7 Cost-Effectiveness of SHR Hair Removal Treatments
- 0.8 How Many SHR Treatments are Necessary for Effective Hair Removal?
- 0.9 Wellaholic is One of the Pioneers for SHR Hair Removal
- 0.10 Customer’s Positive Review for SHR Hair Removal
- 0.11 Conclusion: SHR vs IPL
- 0.12 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- 0.13 Book Now Pay Later
- 0.14 SHR Permanent Hair Removal with Unlimited Shots
- 1 SHR vs IPL: The Showdown of Hair Removal Methods in Singapore – Why SHR Outperforms IPL Every Time in Terms of Efficacy, Safety, and Permanent Hair Reduction
- Advanced Technology: SHR uses gentle, high-frequency pulses for effective permanent hair removal.
- Comfort and Safety: SHR is more comfortable and safer than IPL, suitable for all skin types.
- Higher Success Rate: SHR consistently achieves better results in permanently removing hair.
- Efficient Sessions: Fewer SHR sessions needed compared to IPL for optimal results.
- Cost-Effective: SHR offers long-lasting results, reducing the need for frequent maintenance.
- Versatile and Precise: Suitable for all skin tones, including darker skin, with precise targeting.
SHR vs IPL – Why SHR Hair Removal is Better
In my role as an Aesthetic Director, I’ve had the privilege of guiding numerous clients through their aesthetic journeys, many of whom are in their 20s and 30s, seeking effective hair removal solutions.
A common question I encounter is the comparison between SHR (Super Hair Removal) and IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) technologies. While both are popular methods, there are distinct differences that can make SHR a more favorable option for many.
Achieving Long-Term Hair Removal: Why SHR Reigns Supreme
SHR technology stands out due to its gradual heating method which targets the hair follicles without causing significant discomfort. This approach is not only effective but also ensures a more comfortable experience for the client.
Additionally, SHR is suitable for a wider range of skin types and hair colors, making it a versatile choice.
In the detailed article that follows, I will share more into the technical aspects of SHR and IPL, comparing their efficacy, comfort levels, suitability for different skin types, and why SHR might be the better option for those seeking long-term hair removal solutions.
“SHR is the smarter choice for hair removal as it addresses the root cause of unwanted hair growth, unlike IPL which only provides temporary relief.”
What is IPL Hair Removal?
How IPL works: using light and heat to damage hair follicles.
First and foremost, IPL (or intense pulse light) uses a single pulse of energy, at high intensity, which targets the customer’s hair follicles and melanin. IPL simply works by releasing light in multiple wavelengths directly into the dermis. Melanin is produced in specialised cells called melanocytes.
The intense light and energy from IPL is converted into heat energy and is able to cause damage to the hair follicles without causing too much damage to the skin. This makes IPL more suitable for people with darker and coarser hair.
Establishments which offer IPL include Japan IPL, Musee Platinum as well as Lush Aesthetics.
How IPL affects different skin tones: fairer skin may need more sessions, darker skin may feel more pain.
A person with fairer skin will likely require more sessions as the IPL hair removal technology is less effective on them. On the other hand, while IPL is effective for darker-skinned people (darker skin tone), they may have more uncomfortable session (i.e. PAIN!) since their skin will be absorbing more heat energy which would then be translated into pain when the heat affects the nerves.
Hair Removal Procedures among Asian Women: A study by Wellaholic Research found that 71% of female respondents in Singapore and 63% in Malaysia reported using some form of hair removal.
What is SHR or Super Hair Removal?
SHR or Super Hair Removal is a relatively newer technology which uses low energy and rapid pulsing diode laser but at a higher frequency. Developed by Alma Lasers, this diode laser hair removal technology allows the skin to be heated gently, but with the rapid pulses, the energy is then accumulated by the skin.
While 50% of the energy is targeted at the melanin (similar to IPL), the other 50% targets the stem cells responsible for hair production.
SHR thereby targets both fine and coarse hairs
This is a very important point to note as SHR thereby targets both fine and coarse hairs. Ultimately, this leads to less discomfort and pain, yet an improved efficacy. SHR is most effective during the active growth phase (anagen stage of hair growth) hence shaving a day before treatment or just before the hair removal treatment is most recommended.
SHR is often considered to be one of the best laser hair removal treatment
Because of the gradual accumulation of the energy into the skin, there is less trauma and irritation on the skin – making it ideal and suitable for everyone, regardless of skin tone and skin types and even for customers with sensitive skin.
In fact, SHR is often considered to be one of the best laser hair removal treatments in Singapore given the various technologies. SHR hair removal is very ideal for Brazilian Hair Removal as it is more gentle on the skin.
SHR vs IPL Hair Removal: Why is SHR Better Than IPL?
SHR hair removal outperforms IPL for several key reasons. Firstly, SHR offers a more comfortable experience. Unlike IPL, which carries a risk of skin burns, SHR is safe and gentle. It’s also more effective at permanently removing hair, where IPL might only achieve temporary results.
Plus, SHR is the budget-friendly choice. It delivers excellent outcomes at a lower cost than IPL. If you’re exploring permanent hair removal options, consider SHR. It’s not only effective but also kinder to your wallet.
Table: Advantages of SHR Hair Removal over IPL Hair Removal
The table below summarises the advantages of SHR hair removal over IPL hair removal:
|SHR is more comfortable for the client
|IPL can be uncomfortable due to intense bursts of light energy
|Risk of Burning
|SHR carries no risk of burning the skin
|There is a risk of burning the skin with IPL
|SHR has a higher success rate in terms of permanently removing hair
|IPL has a lower success rate
|SHR treatment time is faster than IPL
|IPL treatment time is longer
|SHR is suitable for all skin types and tones
|IPL may not be effective on certain skin types
|SHR can eliminate both fine and coarse hair
|IPL may require sessions once every two weeks
Please note that the number of sessions needed for SHR depends on various factors such as the area treated, the hair density, the hair growth cycle, and the individual response.
Cost-Effectiveness of SHR Hair Removal Treatments
If you’re looking for an effective and affordable hair removal solution, SHR (Super Hair Removal) may be a great option for you. Not only does it offer long-lasting results, but it’s also cost-effective in the long run. Here’s why:
- Fewer treatments required: Compared to traditional hair removal methods like waxing or shaving, SHR requires fewer treatments to achieve the desired results. This means you’ll save both time and money in the long run.
- Reduced maintenance costs: Since SHR hair removal provides long-lasting results, you’ll save on the cost of frequent maintenance appointments or purchasing expensive hair removal products.
- Customizable treatment plans: SHR technology can be tailored to your specific hair and skin type, allowing for a more effective treatment plan that delivers optimal results with fewer sessions.
By investing in SHR hair removal treatments, you can save both time and money while enjoying smooth, hair-free skin. With its cost-effectiveness and long-lasting results, it’s no wonder why SHR has become such a popular hair removal option for individuals seeking a low-maintenance, affordable solution.
How Many SHR Treatments are Necessary for Effective Hair Removal?
In my years of experience in the aesthetics industry, I’ve often been asked about the effectiveness and number of treatments required for hair removal technologies like IPL and SHR. Let me share some insights from my perspective.
Targeting the Growth Phase with IPL
IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) technology specifically targets the active growth phase of hair, known as the anagen phase. This phase is crucial because the hair follicles are most susceptible to treatment during this time. If the hair is in the anagen phase during an IPL session, it can be effectively destroyed.
However, not all hair is in this phase at the same time, which is why multiple sessions are necessary.
SHR: Targeting More Than Just Actively Growing Hair
On the other hand, SHR (Super Hair Removal) technology has a broader reach. It targets both the active and inactive growth phases of hair.
This is a significant advantage, as SHR can affect up to 50% of the stem cells associated with hair growth, not just those in the anagen phase. This broader targeting means SHR can be effective over a range of different hair growth cycles.
Why You Need 3-4 Weeks Between Hair Removal Sessions
Regardless of the technology used, there’s a standard recovery time of about three to four weeks between sessions. This interval is not just about catching the hair in the right growth phase; it’s also crucial for allowing the skin to recover before the next treatment.
In my experience, adhering to this recovery period is key for both the effectiveness of the treatment and the health of the skin.
Understanding Hair Growth Cycles: Why Multiple Treatments Matter
So, how many treatments are necessary? It varies from person to person, but typically, multiple sessions spaced out over several months are required to achieve optimal results. This is because hair growth cycles vary, and not all hair will be in the target phase during each treatment.
Patience and consistency are key in achieving the desired outcome in hair removal treatments.
Wellaholic is One of the Pioneers for SHR Hair Removal
Reflecting on my time in the aesthetics industry, I’ve seen a myriad of hair removal technologies, but SHR (Super Hair Removal) stands out as a remarkable innovation. It’s a point of pride to have been part of one of the pioneering teams to introduce SHR Laser Hair Removal in Singapore since 2016.
Here’s a glimpse into our approach with SHR:
In my experience, the success of SHR at Wellaholic isn’t solely about the technology; it’s equally about how we integrate it into our service model, focusing on customer satisfaction and tailored experiences. This holistic approach has been key in achieving our goal of providing effective, comfortable hair removal solutions.
Customer’s Positive Review for SHR Hair Removal
Tan Ken Wei visited Wellaholic for the SHR Unlimited Prestige Hair Removal treatment, seeking to remove unwanted body hair. Impressed by the professionalism and helpful advice provided by Aaron, his therapist, Ken Wei experienced notable results.
After just two sessions, he observed a reduction of more than 50% in some problematic areas. Ken Ken highly recommends the treatment for its effectiveness.
Read Actual Review by Customer
Aaron was very professional and prompt to offer his advice throughout the whole procedure. After my 2nd session here I’ve seen amazing results with reductions of more than 50% for some problematic areas! Highly recommended :). (Source: Google Review)
Conclusion: SHR vs IPL
In conclusion, based on my extensive experience in the aesthetics industry and interactions with countless clients, I’ve observed that SHR (Super Hair Removal) consistently outperforms IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) in several key areas.
The primary advantages of SHR lie in its painless application and suitability for a broader range of skin types and hair colors. Unlike IPL, which can be quite uncomfortable due to the intense light bursts, SHR uses gentler, more frequent pulses that heat the skin slowly.
This method not only reduces discomfort but also minimizes the risk of burns, making it a safer choice, especially for individuals with darker skin tones or sensitive skin.
SHR: Targeting Finer & Lighter Hair with Greater Success
Additionally, SHR’s efficacy in targeting finer and lighter hairs is significantly higher compared to IPL. This broader range of effectiveness means that SHR can cater to a more diverse clientele, offering effective hair removal solutions to a wider demographic.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q1: How does skin type affect the choice between SHR and IPL treatments?
Q2: Can SHR and IPL treatments be combined for better results?
Q3: What are the long-term effects of SHR and IPL on skin health?
Q4: How do hormonal changes affect the outcomes of SHR and IPL treatments?
Q5: Is there a difference in pain levels between SHR and IPL treatments?
What kind of results can I expect from SHR treatments in terms of hair reduction?
Serene Chiam, Aesthetic Director
Serene Chiam, the Aesthetic Director at Wellaholic, an acclaimed Aesthetic Chain in Singapore, brings over a decade of expertise in the aesthetics industry. With a Bachelor of Health Science (Aesthetics) and CIDESCO certifications, she expertly combines scientific knowledge with practical skills. Serene is known for her personalized approach to beauty, ensuring each Wellaholic client’s journey is unique and transformative. Her significant contributions have been pivotal in establishing Wellaholic’s reputation for excellence in aesthetic wellness.
GET IN TOUCH
Book Now Pay Later
SHR Permanent Hair Removal with Unlimited Shots
- ⭐ Diode Laser Technology. Developed by Alma Lasers, SHR combines 755nm, 808nm and 1064nm laser wavelengths to target all skin types.
- ⭐ Unbeatable in Value and Quality. Wellaholic’s SHR Unlimited Plans offer a hair removal solution that is unbeatable in both value and quality.
- ⭐ One Price for All Body Parts. Pay just one low price for a complete hair removal experience for all body parts, including unlimited SHR shots.
- ⭐ Permanent Fuss-Free Solution. Say goodbye to the hassle of expensive and ineffective hair removal methods and trust WellaSmooth 3X to deliver a permanent and fuss-free solution for all your hair removal needs.
- ⭐ Award-Winning. Wellaholic’s treatments have been recognized by top beauty publications such as Daily Vanity, Beauty Insider, and Tropika Club Magazine.
- ⭐ Over 2000 Verified Customer Reviews. Wellaholic has over 30 industry awards and over 2000 positive reviews from customers, and >50% are repeat customers.