The Ultimate Guide to Microneedling for Hair Growth: Does It Really Work?
Table of Contents
- 1 TL:DR Summary
- 2 Introduction: Is Microneedling for Scalp Effective to Treat Hair Loss?
- 3 Introduction to Microneedling
- 4 “When it comes to hair growth, microneedling can be a powerful tool when used correctly – allowing you to unlock your hair’s full potential!”
- 5 What is Microneedling?
- 6 Microneedling as a kind of mesotherapy
- 7 Benefits of Microneedling for Scalp for Hair Regrowth
- 8 How Does Microneedling Stimulate Hair Growth?
- 9 Evidence for Microneedling in Treating Hair Loss
- 10 How Often Should Microneedling for Scalp be Done to See Good Results?
- 11 Microneedling for Scalp – Achieve Hair Regrowth with Science
- 12 What is Microneedling for Scalp?
- 13 Is Microneedling for Scalp Hair Growth Treatment Backed By Science?
- 14 Are There Before and After Photos of the Treatment?
- 15 Pricing of Hair Loss Treatments by Wellaholic
- 16 Why Wellaholic is One of the Best Hair Loss Treatment Providers in Singapore?
- What is microneedling and how does it work? Microneedling is a minimally invasive cosmetic procedure that involves creating tiny punctures in the skin with fine needles. This stimulates the skin’s natural healing process and boosts the production of collagen and elastin, which are essential for skin health and appearance.
- What are the benefits of microneedling? Microneedling can help improve various skin concerns, such as wrinkles, scars, stretch marks, pigmentation, pores, acne, and sagging. It can also enhance the absorption and effectiveness of skincare products by creating micro-channels in the skin.
- What are the risks or side effects of microneedling? Microneedling is generally safe and well-tolerated, but some common side effects include redness, swelling, bruising, bleeding, infection, and scarring. These are usually mild and temporary, and can be minimized by following proper aftercare instructions and choosing a qualified and experienced provider.
- How often should you do microneedling? The frequency of microneedling depends on your skin condition and goals, but generally, you should wait at least 4 to 6 weeks between sessions to allow your skin to heal and regenerate. You may need 3 to 6 sessions to achieve optimal results, depending on the depth and intensity of the treatment.
- How to prepare for microneedling? To prepare for microneedling, you should avoid sun exposure, tanning, waxing, chemical peels, retinoids, and other harsh or irritating products for at least a week before the treatment. You should also hydrate your skin and body well and avoid alcohol or caffeine on the day of the treatment.
- How to care for your skin after microneedling? To care for your skin after microneedling, you should apply a gentle moisturizer and sunscreen regularly and avoid touching or picking your skin. You should also avoid makeup, hot showers, saunas, swimming pools, or strenuous exercise for at least 24 hours after the treatment. You should also follow any specific instructions given by your provider.
Introduction: Is Microneedling for Scalp Effective to Treat Hair Loss?
Hair loss is a common problem experienced by many Singaporeans, with the most common type being androgenic alopecia. The traditional approach to treating hair loss includes medications and hair transplants, while more recently microneedling has emerged as a less invasive treatment option. Microneedling for scalp has become increasingly popular due to its purported benefits of stimulating collagen production, improving blood circulation and increasing the absorption of topical treatments.
Introduction to Microneedling
Dealing with Hair Loss. Hair loss is a common issue that affects many men, but it can still be difficult to deal with. Whether you’re experiencing thinning hair or full-blown alopecia, the prospect of baldness can be distressing. Fortunately, microneedling may be a solution to consider.
What is Microneedling? Microneedling is a cosmetic treatment that can address several signs of aging, including hair loss. It involves using a skin roller or mechanical dermapen with tiny needles that create small skin injuries, triggering collagen production in the skin.
Can Scalp Microneedling Regrow Hair? In this article by Wellaholic, we will explore the potential benefits of scalp microneedling for hair regrowth. This treatment may be able to stimulate hair follicles and promote hair growth, but further research is needed to determine its effectiveness.
“When it comes to hair growth, microneedling can be a powerful tool when used correctly – allowing you to unlock your hair’s full potential!”
What is Microneedling?
What is Microneedling?
Microneedling is a cosmetic procedure that involves pricking the skin with tiny, sanitized needles. This process stimulates the production of collagen and elastin in the body, which can help heal the skin and reduce signs of aging. It is also known as collagen induction therapy.
Microneedling for Hair Loss
While microneedling is primarily used as an anti-aging skin therapy, it may also be effective in treating hair loss. There is evidence that it can help with a specific type of hair loss called alopecia areata. By creating small wounds in the skin, microneedling is thought to restore the health of hair follicles, leading to new hair growth. It may also help enlarge thinning hair, such as in androgenic alopecia or male pattern baldness.
Microneedling as a kind of mesotherapy
Microneedling, also known as mesotherapy, is a cosmetic procedure that promotes angiogenesis, the formation of new blood vessels from pre-existing vessels, and vasculogenesis, the development of entirely new blood vessels. It involves using a device with tiny needles to create small wounds on the skin, allowing for the penetration of cell media into the scalp.
Microneedling for Hair Regrowth
Microneedling was initially used as a scar treatment in the 1990s, but it has since been studied as a potential alternative or additional treatment for androgenic alopecia and alopecia areata. In addition to promoting collagen production in the skin, which may explain its effectiveness for treating acne scars, microneedling is believed to induce stem cells in the hair follicles, leading to hair growth.
Benefits of Microneedling for Hair Loss
The microneedling process allows for deep penetration of essential nutrients into the papilla shaft, creating the best environment for hair regrowth. It is a non-invasive and safe
Benefits of Microneedling for Scalp for Hair Regrowth
Microneedling for Scalp: An Overview
Microneedling for scalp is a relatively new procedure that has gained popularity as a non-surgical method to promote hair regrowth. The procedure involves using a handheld device with tiny needles to create micro-injuries on the scalp, which stimulate the production of growth factors and improve blood circulation to the hair follicles. This can lead to improved hair growth and thickness.
Enhanced Absorption of Hair Products
Additionally, the micro-injuries created during the procedure can help to improve the absorption of topical hair products, such as hair growth serums and minoxidil, further enhancing hair regrowth.
Reducing Inflammation and Promoting Healthier Hair Growth
Microneedling for scalp has also been shown to reduce inflammation in the scalp, which can help to prevent further hair loss and promote healthier hair growth overall. Overall, microneedling for scalp is a minimally invasive and effective option for those looking to promote hair regrowth and improve the overall health and appearance of their hair.
See the table below for a breakdown of the benefits of Microneedling on Scalp for hair growth or hair regrowth.
|Increases blood circulation||– Microneedling creates tiny punctures on the scalp|
– Which stimulates blood flow to the hair follicles
– This increased circulation can help to deliver more oxygen and nutrients to the hair follicles, promoting healthier hair growth.
|Induces collagen production||– Microneedling can induce the production of collagen|
– Which is a protein that is essential for healthy hair growth
– Collagen helps to strengthen hair follicles and improve the elasticity of the scalp, which can prevent hair breakage and hair loss.
|Reduces inflammation||– Microneedling can reduce inflammation on the scalp|
– Which can be a contributing factor to hair loss
– By reducing inflammation, microneedling can create a healthier environment for hair growth.
|Enhances absorption of topical treatments||– Microneedling can enhance the absorption of topical treatments|
– Such as minoxidil or hair growth serums
– The tiny punctures created by microneedling can help these treatments to penetrate deeper into the scalp, increasing their effectiveness.
|Improves overall scalp health||– Microneedling can improve overall scalp health|
– By removing dead skin cells and unclogging hair follicles
– This can create a healthier environment for hair growth and prevent conditions such as dandruff and scalp acne.
How Does Microneedling Stimulate Hair Growth?
Microneedling Devices: Dermaroller and Dermapen
Microneedling stimulates hair growth by using a device called a dermaroller or dermapen, which creates tiny punctures or microchannels in the scalp. These microchannels trigger the body’s natural healing response, leading to an increase in blood flow, oxygen, and nutrients to the hair follicles.
Stimulating Hair Follicle Production and Growth
As a result, microneedling can help to stimulate the production of new hair follicles and promote the growth of existing hair. Additionally, microneedling can increase the production of collagen and growth factors, which are essential for healthy hair growth.
Reducing Inflammation for Favorable Hair Growth Conditions
The micro-injuries caused by microneedling also help to reduce inflammation in the scalp, which can contribute to hair loss. By reducing inflammation, microneedling can create a more favorable environment for hair growth.
Evidence for Microneedling in Treating Hair Loss
Microneedling Research: Androgenetic Alopecia
There have actually been several research studies on the effectiveness of microneedling therapy for androgenetic alopecia, also referred to as pattern hair loss (in men and women) or male pattern baldness.
2013 Mumbai Study: Microneedling and Minoxidil
For instance, a 12-week 2013 randomized study of 100 men in Mumbai was the first to examine the hair growth results of microneedling in human beings. Previously, researchers had seen promising results in mice. In this research, half of the participants were given minoxidil (a topical FDA-approved hair loss solution) and the other half underwent microneedling procedures once weekly, with the topical therapy minoxidil. According to the researchers, participants who used microneedling together with minoxidil saw greater hair count changes and overall patient satisfaction. Eight months after the study, the participants still showed positive outcomes.
2018 Study: Microneedling with Minoxidil for Enhanced Hair Growth
A similar research several years later also showed promising results. This 2018 study enlisted 68 men and divided them into two groups. The first group used minoxidil hair growth treatment twice daily, and the second used minoxidil twice daily and underwent weekly microneedling. Research participants in the microneedling group experienced greater hair growth and satisfaction.
How Often Should Microneedling for Scalp be Done to See Good Results?
Microneedling Frequency: General Guidelines
The frequency of microneedling on the scalp can vary depending on the individual and the severity of their hair loss. In general, it is recommended to wait at least four weeks between microneedling sessions to allow the scalp time to heal and regenerate.
Microneedling for Mild Hair Loss
For mild hair loss, microneedling once every two to four weeks may be sufficient to see results.
Consistency and Adjustments for Severe Hair Loss
For more severe hair loss, microneedling once a week or every other week may be necessary. It is important to note that microneedling should be done consistently over a period of several months to see significant results. Results may also vary depending on the underlying cause of hair loss.
See the table below for the recommended frequency of microneedling for different types of hair loss
|Type of Hair Loss||Frequency of Microneedling|
|Mild hair loss||Once every 2-4 weeks|
|Moderate hair loss||Once a week or every other week|
|Severe hair loss||Once a week or every other week, for several months|
Microneedling for Scalp – Achieve Hair Regrowth with Science
Are you tired of losing hair faster than your favorite sports team loses games? Well, it’s time to bring in the big guns and tackle your hair loss head-on (pun intended). With the power of science and the latest in hair regrowth technology, you can achieve the luscious locks of your dreams. Enter microneedling for scalp – the treatment that’s got people buzzing (and growing hair) all over the world. So, get ready to roll up your sleeves (and your hair), because we’re about to take a closer look at how microneedling can help you achieve hair regrowth with science.
What is Microneedling for Scalp?
- Treat Hair Loss and Promote Hair Growth. Microneedling for scalp is a collagen induction therapy hair loss treatment in Singapore that can help treat hair loss and promote hair regrowth.
- Controlled Trauma to Scalp. Microneedling for Scalp causes controlled trauma to the scalp to stimulate hair growth.
- Effective with Minoxidil. When combined with the use of minoxidil 5%, microneedling has been shown to have positive effects on hair growth over a 12-week period.
- Ideal to Treat Alopecia Areata. Microneedling for scalp is particularly effective for patients with Alopecia Areata and Androgenetic Alopecia, as well as those experiencing male pattern baldness, receding hairline, and thinning hair.
- 12-Week Regime is Ideal. For Wellaholic’s Microneedling for Scalp, a weekly treatment for 12 weeks is recommended to see good results, as supported by case studies demonstrating the effectiveness of microneedling for hair loss.
Is Microneedling for Scalp Hair Growth Treatment Backed By Science?
There has been numerous research studies which shows the effectiveness of microneedling with Minoxidil for hair growth.
Study 1: A Randomized Evaluator Blinded Study of Effect of Microneedling in Androgenetic Alopecia: A Pilot Study (2013) [source]
- In 2013, 100 men with Androgenetic Alopecia (AGA) were recruited to take part in a study which tested the effects of microneedling on hair growth. 94 men completed the study.
- The men were randomly split into two groups. The first group, which consisted of 50 volunteers, was treated with both microneedling and minoxidil (5 percent) lotion.
- The second group, which consisted of 44 volunteers, was treated with minoxidil (5 percent) lotion.
- The group which combined Microneedling with Minoxidil application saw a significant hair growth as compared to the minoxidil-only group
Study 2: Response to Microneedling Treatment in Men with Androgenetic Alopecia Who Failed to Respond to Conventional Therapy (2015) [source]
- In 2015, researchers recruited four men who had been on 5 percent minoxidil solution for the past two to five years (9). While their hair loss didn’t continue, there were no signs of growth.
- The four men were subjected to microneedling sessions over a six-month period combined with their current therapies.
- A 7-point evaluation scale was used to track results, and the men were followed up with for 18 months to assess treatment sustainability.
- The patients experienced a +2 or +3 on the standardised evaluation scale, and new hair growth was noted after 8 – 10 sessions. Even further, these results were sustained over 18 months.
- This is the first case series to report the boosting effect of microneedling with respect to new hair follicle stimulation in patients with androgenetic alopecia who were poor responders to conventional therapy.
Are There Before and After Photos of the Treatment?
Pricing of Hair Loss Treatments by Wellaholic
- Price Transparency. Wellaholic offers pricing transparency by publishing and updating all prices on our website.
- Flexible Per-Session or Unlimited Plans. Customers can choose from unlimited monthly hair regrowth plans for the best cost-savings, or per-session hair regrowth price plans.
- Mix and Match Easily. Wellaholic’s hair regrowth prices are divided into different categories for easy selection.
- No Price Shocks. Customers can expect to pay only for the treatments provided instead of being surprised by additional fees or charges at the end of their hair regrowth session.
Please click on the menu below to see the pricing for the various hair loss treatments by Wellaholic. Prices are nett and inclusive of GST. Wellaholic is well-known in the industry for our transparent pricing and no hard selling. In fact, Wellaholic is well-known for not only our transparent and cheap pricing but also without any hidden costs. All prices are nett and inclusive of GST, and are actual prices (i.e. not trial prices).
Why Wellaholic is One of the Best Hair Loss Treatment Providers in Singapore?
- Advanced Hair Regrowth Technologies. Wellaholic offers a range of hair loss treatments, including advanced technologies like microneedling and low-level laser therapy.
- Customised Treatment Plans. The clinic provides customized treatment plans for each individual, based on their specific hair loss concerns and needs.
- Experienced Staff. Wellaholic’s team of experienced therapists use high-quality products and equipment to ensure effective results.
- Price Transparency with No Hidden Costs. Wellaholic is committed to transparency and provides clear and upfront pricing for all their services, without any hidden costs.
- Positive Results from Customers. Wellaholic has received positive reviews from satisfied customers, who have noticed significant improvements in their hair growth and overall confidence.
Reason 1: Wellaholic Offers Comprehensive Hair Regrowth Services and Expertise
Wellaholic offers different types of hair regrowth treatments for your hair regrowth needs. Our hair regrowth packages can be broken down into the following categories:
- HairGrow Hair Regrowth Plan
- HairGrow™ is an effective solution for hair loss by combining Wellaholic’s three hair regrowth treatments with free additional weekly Low Level Laser Treatments (LLLT) to supercharge your hair regrowth.
- See hair regrowth results over a 12-week period.
- HairGrow combines all three different scientific hair regrowth treatments of Microneedling for Scalp, Scalp Booster and LLLT to accelerate your hair regrowth efforts.
- Pay for 2 treatments and get the 3rd treatment free.
- Microneedling for Scalp
- Microneedling for Scalp helps treat hair loss and promote hair regrowth.
- Microneedling for Scalp is a Collagen Induction Therapy hair loss treatment in Singapore which is also able to cause controlled trauma in the scalp to promote hair growth.
- Together with the use of Minoxidil 5%, Microneedling can lead to positive effects on hair growth over a 12-week period.
- Especially effective for patients with Alopecia Areata and Androgenetic Alopecia, or male pattern baldness, receding hairline and thinning hair.
- Scalp Booster
- Scalp Booster uses two proven technologies of WellaBoost – Method One (High Pressure Jet Spray) and Method Two (Electroporation).
- This helps to improve the absorption of Minoxidil by the scalp by up to 17 times and is ideal for treating hair loss.
- Low Level Laser Therapy (LLLT)
- LLLT is a modern non-surgical hair loss treatment.
- LLLT uses laser light to stimulate cell growth and supercharge hair follicles.
- This laser technology helps to combat hair loss and improve the volume and appearance of hair.
- The LLLT helmet is FDA approved.
- The LLLT treatment has been proven to have no side effects and takes about 20 minutes per session.
Reason 2: Wellaholic Has Over 2000 Genuine Customer Reviews & Testimonials
- Over 50 Awards. Wellaholic’s treatments and services have been recognized by top beauty publications such as Daily Vanity, Beauty Insider, and Tropika Club Magazine, earning prestigious awards from 2018 to 2023.
- Over 2000 Verified Customer Reviews. Wellaholic has over 2000 verified positive reviews from our customers in Singapore and beyond.
- Verifiable Reviews. The reviews are verified and positive, which indicates the high level of customer satisfaction (see reviews below).
- Over 50% Repeat Customers. More than 50% of Wellaholic’s customers are repeat and recurring customers.
Reason 3: It’s Easy to Book an Appointment at Wellaholic
- Open 361 Days Per Year. Wellaholic’s 8 outlets are open 361 days a year, including public holidays, so that customers can easily book an appointment.
- No Queues. All appointments are booked in advanced to prevent the need to queue and wait unnecessarily during peak hours.
- Easy Online Booking. Customers can conveniently book and reschedule appointments online or via the booking app.
- No Extra Cost for Choosing Consultant. Customers can select their preferred consultant without having to pay any additional fees.