Why Follow These 7 Tips for SHR Hair Removal?
Table of Contents
- 1 TL:DR Summary
- 2 Introduction
- 3 “Unlock the full potential of your SHR hair removal treatment with these expert tips and say goodbye to unwanted hair for good!”
- 4 1. Avoid the sun. Always.
- 5 2. You need to shave before treatment
- 6 3. The optimal hair growth cycle starts from 28 days
- 7 4. Update your skin colour and ethnicity to get the right settings
- 8 5. You will need 6 to 12 sessions to see good results
- 9 6. Post-Treatment Whitening and Hydration
- 10 7. Seek Out a Provider that Provides Lifetime Coverage
- 11 Unleash the Power of Three: Beauty, Confidence, Perfection with WellaSmooth™ 3X
- 12 What Treatments Can I Choose with WellaSmooth™ 3X?
- 13 Why Choose SHR Prestige Unlimited Hair Removal?
- 14 Pricing of Aesthetic Treatments by Wellaholic
- 15 Book Now Pay Later
- 16 Why Wellaholic is One of the Best Aesthetic Service Providers in Singapore?
- Introduction: The article introduces the topic of waxing vs. shaving as two popular methods of hair removal and invites the reader to join the ultimate battle.
- Shaving: The article explains the pros and cons of shaving, such as being quick and easy, but causing ingrown hairs, razor bumps, and skin irritation.
- Waxing: The article describes the benefits and drawbacks of waxing, such as being long-lasting, but painful and expensive.
- Other Methods: The article mentions other methods of hair removal, such as depilatory creams and laser hair removal, and compares them with waxing and shaving.
- SHR Hair Removal: The article recommends SHR hair removal by Wellaholic as the best option for permanent hair reduction with minimal pain and side effects, and explains how it works.
Choosing SHR Hair Removal in Singapore
So you have decided to give it a go and try hair removal in Singapore. After reading about the various kinds of hair removal, you have settled on SHR hair removal as it is a newer form of hair removal technology and more effective and less painful than IPL hair removal.
Finding the Right Treatment Center
A quick search on Google brought you to Wellaholic as one of the leading SHR hair removal treatment chains in Singapore. Congratulations! We look forward to helping you with your hair removal objectives.
Maximizing Your SHR Hair Removal Results
Nevertheless, how can you fully maximise your SHR hair removal treatment to achieve the best possible results? Based on various scientific journals on SHR hair removal technology and expert panel discussions, we share with you 7 expert tips for getting the best results from your SHR hair removal treatment.
“Unlock the full potential of your SHR hair removal treatment with these expert tips and say goodbye to unwanted hair for good!”
1. Avoid the sun. Always.
Avoid Full Sun Exposure
We have said this to our customers too often. Always avoid full sun exposure (to the treated area) before and after the SHR, IPL or laser hair removal treatment. While you might want to go to the beach to show off your nice and smooth body, we would caution you from doing that.
Potential Skin Complications
This is because the treated areas would have been subjected to strong SHR energies in order to affect the hair follicles to stop hair growth. By exposing your skin to the sun, you would be over-stressing your skin, and this may lead to skin complications such as hyper-pigmentation.
Sun Protection Tips
Always try to give at least a week or two of gap between treatments and sun exposure, and if you really, really need to be exposed to the sun. Use a reliable sun protection, such as our award-winning Wellaholic Daily Sunscreen, Winner of Best Skincare for Best Face Sunscreen (Reader’s Choice Awards) by Beauty Insider Beauty & Wellness Awards.
2. You need to shave before treatment
The Importance of Shaving Before SHR Treatment
Contrary to what your friends might have told you, you actually need to shave before your SHR treatment. By shaving, you allow the SHR energy to be fully absorbed by the hair follicles, thereby improving the effectiveness of the treatment.
Timing and Difficult-to-Reach Areas
Ideally, shaving a day before treatment (most customers do that in the evening prior to their treatment). Nevertheless, there are always difficult-to-reach areas such as the back and the private areas.
Wellaholic’s WellaSmooth Ultimate Plan
At Wellaholic, we have our bestseller WellaSmooth Ultimate Plan which includes not only unlimited full body SHR treatment, but also unlimited shaving and post-treatment whitening or hydration with AfterGlow. Careful and experienced shaving will help prevent ingrown hairs which can create acne and other skin issues.
3. The optimal hair growth cycle starts from 28 days
Common Misconception About Hair Removal
This is one of the most common misconceptions about hair removal. We do have many customers thinking that after their first session, their hairs will stop growing. This is actually not the case.
Hair Growth Cycles and Regeneration
This is because what happens is that when one follicle dies, there might be another one next to it that may regenerate itself. Hair grows in different cycles, so at any time, 30 to 60 percent of the hair is in the anagen growth cycle stage. The laser is targeting the hairs in the growth stage. The dead ones that are dead will shed after a few weeks.
The Importance of a 28-Day Treatment Schedule
By the time you go for your next appointment (recommended 28 days later, to time with the hair growth cycle), the hairs that were in their growth stage will now be in their dormant or dying stage. This is also why we always advise customers to stick to a strict 28-day treatment schedule to see the best results.
4. Update your skin colour and ethnicity to get the right settings
Lasers and Skin Types
Lasers work differently on light and dark skins. People with fair skin will fall under Type 1, 2, and 3 and respond best to shorter wavelength (755 nanometers), which is easy on the skin and also effective on light hair.
Treatment for Darker Skin Types
On the other hand, people with dark skin will fall under Type 4, 5, and 6 (where Type 4 is Indian, and Type 5 and 6 being African American). In this case, we will use a wavelength that bypasses the epidermis and has a long pulse like the 1064 nanometers and is safe on their type of skin.
Communicate Hair and Skin Characteristics
In short, always share with our consultant your hair type and colour, as well as your skin type and colour, to allow the consultant to adjust the setting that’s best suited for you. This is to avoid any side effects such as hyperpigmentation from the treatment itself.
5. You will need 6 to 12 sessions to see good results
Understanding Laser Hair Removal
Laser hair removal is a procedure where a specific beam of light bypasses the epidermis and targets the follicle. This disables the reproductive cycle of the hair without hurting the skin. As laser hair removal destroys the follicle, the hair shaft becomes weak and limp, and with repeated treatments – about 6 to 12 treatments – the follicle dies and no hair grows.
Treatment Frequency for Dense Hair Follicles
For areas with dense hair follicles, there are more hair follicles to treat, and hence more treatments are necessary to target all hair follicles with varying hair growth cycles. Based on our experience, facial hair and hair at the private areas require 12 or more treatments to fully stop hair growth.
Considerations for Sensitive Skin
If you have sensitive skin, start with a lighter energy setting. While you may require more treatments, it will help to prevent any undesirable side effects.
6. Post-Treatment Whitening and Hydration
If you are suffering from hyperpigmentation issues (common at the underarm areas or the private regions), you might want to consider our PTT with AfterGlow. Further enhance the tone and suppleness of your treated skin with our PTT or Post-Treatment Therapy with AfterGlow. Choose from either Whitening Therapy for hyperpigmented or darkened skin, or choose our Hydrating Therapy for accelerated skin repair from the harsh SHR energy rays. Then end it off with our AfterGlow™ red light treatment which helps to repair and rejuvenate your treated skin.
WHITENING OR HYDRATING? YOU DECIDE
- Whitening – With dipotassium glycyrrhizinate which inhibits tyrosinase activity and melanin production
- Hydrating – Help calm inflammation and reduce irritation associated with hair removal treatments
- AfterGlow – Red light therapy penetrates deeper into the skin than other light wavelengths and is able to rejuvenate skin
7. Seek Out a Provider that Provides Lifetime Coverage
While SHR hair removal treatment helps to permanently remove hair after 8 to 12 sessions, we have a small number of customers that see hair growth in specific areas after some time has passed. This could be due to their genetics (specifically hair gene Lhx2). We felt that it is not fair for customers to pay a full price again to treat the area again. Our proposed solution: a Lifetime Maintain Mode for these customers. This Lifetime plan is unique to Wellaholic, and we have not seen any other providers able to offer this to their customers.
If you qualify for Lifetime Maintain Mode, you get to enjoy >50% discount off per-session SHR hair removal treatment rates for the rest of your lifetime! This is our way to taking care of customers who might have completed the SHR hair removal regime but find hairs growing back again some time in the future. With this Lifetime Maintain Mode, you will never have to pay full retail prices for maintenance treatments with Wellaholic!
Unleash the Power of Three: Beauty, Confidence, Perfection with WellaSmooth™ 3X
- ⭐ Tailored Beauty Experience: Select three personalized treatments with WellaSmooth 3X™.
- ⭐ Quality Skin Solutions: Enjoy our signature hair removal with full body shaving and skin whitening, and more.
- ⭐ Enhanced Confidence Options: Lift and enhance your bust and butt for a confident new look.
- ⭐ Luxury at Your Fingertips: Experience luxury with a flexible triple-choice treatment plan.
- ⭐ Affordable Body Perfection: Transform your body positively and affordably.
- ⭐ Unbeatable Value & Efficacy: Benefit from high-quality treatments at exceptional value.
What Treatments Can I Choose with WellaSmooth™ 3X?
For a modest monthly fee, customers can indulge in premium treatments to remove hair, whiten skin, lift and enhance the bust, lift the butt and safeguard the private regions:
- ⭐ Personalized Hair Removal: Opt for SHR hair removal treatment with WellaSmooth™ 3X.
- ⭐ All-that-you-need Shaving: Achieve a sleek look with professional full body shaving.
- ⭐ Advanced Skin Whitening: Experience innovative skin whitening techniques for radiant skin.
- ⭐ Butt Lifting Treatments: Sculpt and lift your butt for a perfectly contoured appearance with EMS technology.
- ⭐ Bust Enhancement Options: Enhance your bust size and shape with specialized ultrasonic treatments.
- ⭐ Expert Bust Lifting: Choose professional bust lifting via RF microneedling for a youthful, uplifted appearance.
- ⭐ Premium Personal Hygiene Protection: Improve personal hygiene with specialized Blue Light protective treatments.
- ⭐ Flexible Combo Selection: WellaSmooth™ 3X allows you to select any three of the above treatments.
Why Choose SHR Prestige Unlimited Hair Removal?
- ⭐ SHR Diode Laser. Targets all skin types with 755nm, 808nm, and 1064nm laser wavelengths..
- ⭐ SHR is better than IPL for Asian skin. It is more effective, less painful, and without the discomfort associated with IPL.
- ⭐ Unlimited Shots. We use as many as needed to target hair follicles effectively.
- ⭐ Award-Winning. Wellaholic’s WellaSmooth and SHR Hair Removal have won multiple awards from top beauty publications.
- ⭐ Ideal for All Skin and Hair Colors. WellaSmooth works on everyone.
- ⭐ For Everyone. Wellaholic has a team of skilled therapists, both male and female, to attend to your needs.
Pricing of Aesthetic Treatments by Wellaholic
- 💎 Price Transparency. All prices are published and updated on our website.
- 💎 Flexible Plans. Choose from unlimited monthly or per-session hair removal plans.
- 💎 Easy to Choose. Mix and match treatments from different categories.
- 💎 No Hidden Fees. Pay only for the treatments you receive.
GET IN TOUCH
Book Now Pay Later
Why Wellaholic is One of the Best Aesthetic Service Providers in Singapore?
- ✅ Leading Singapore Aesthetic Chain. Wellaholic is a popular aesthetic chain with 8 outlets around Singapore.
- ✅ Quality & Safe Treatments. Wellaholic is committed to quality, safe treatments with experienced staff.
- ✅ Wide Range of Treatments. Wellaholic offers a large range of treatment from hair removal, skin whitening, bust enhancement, butt lifts and more.
- ✅ Trained & Experienced Consultants. All treatments are performed by trained professionals who understand skincare needs for both genders.
- ✅ SHR Technology. Advanced SHR technology provides a safe, comfortable, and painless hair removal experience.
- ✅ Most Affordable Provider. Wellaholic offers competitive pricing, making it one of the most affordable providers in Singapore.
Reason 1: Wellaholic’s Unlimited Plans Save You Money
- ✅ WellaSmooth 3X. Pay a small monthly subscription and choose 3 treatments from the WellaSmooth 3X family of services.
- ✅ Unlimited Hair Removal. Choose a SHR Prestige Unlimited or SHR Deluxe Unlimited to enjoy hair removal with unlimited shots.
- ✅ Pay One Price for All Body Parts. For hair removal, pay one price for unlimited hair removal on all body parts.
- ✅ Huge Cost Savings. Huge cost savings with monthly unlimited plans. No price shocks from hidden costs!
Reason 2: Wellaholic is a Trusted and Award-winning Aesthetic Chain with Over 2000 Positive Reviews.
- ✅ Over 50 Awards. Wellaholic’s WellaSmooth and SHR Hair Removal have won over 50 awards from top beauty publications since 2018.
- ✅ Over 2000 Verified Customer Reviews. Wellaholic has over 2000 positive reviews from customers around the world. .
- ✅ Verifiable Reviews. Positive reviews indicate high customer satisfaction. (See reviews below).
- ✅ Over 50% Repeat Customers. More than 50% of Wellaholic’s customers are repeat and recurring customers.
Reason 3: It’s Easy to Book an Appointment at Wellaholic
- ✅ Open 361 Days Per Year. Wellaholic’s 8 outlets are open 361 days a year, including public holidays for easy bookings.
- ✅ No Queues. Book appointments in advance to avoid long wait times.
- ✅ Easy Online Booking. Customers can conveniently book and reschedule appointments online or via the booking app.
- ✅ No Extra Cost for Choosing Consultant. Customers can choose their preferred consultant for free.