Can Facials Be Done Weekly? Hear from Experts
Table of Contents
- 0.1 TL:DR Summary
- 0.2 Introduction: Can facials be done weekly?
- 0.3 Why should you have a weekly facial
- 0.4 Why should you not have a weekly facial
- 0.5 What’s the Recommended Frequency for a Facial?
- 0.6 Conclusion
- 0.7 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- 0.8 Book Now Pay Later
- 0.9 Elight Monthly Facial – Look Six Years Younger in Three Months
- 1 Unlocking Radiance: Can Facials Be Done Weekly? Insights from Beauty Experts – A Comprehensive Guide to Skincare Routines, Aesthetic Treatments, and Dermatology Advice
- What are facials: Skin treatments that cleanse, exfoliate, hydrate and nourish the skin.
- Why facials are beneficial: They can improve skin texture, tone, elasticity and appearance, as well as prevent or treat skin problems.
- How often facials should be done: It depends on your skin type, condition, goals and budget, but generally once a month is recommended.
- What are the types of facials: There are many options such as classic, anti-aging, acne, brightening, hydrating and customized facials.
- How to choose the right facial: Consider your skin needs, preferences, expectations and budget, and consult a professional aesthetician for advice.
- How to prepare for a facial: Cleanse your face, avoid exfoliating or waxing beforehand, inform the aesthetician of any allergies or medications and relax.
Introduction: Can facials be done weekly?
As an Aesthetic Director with extensive experience in the field, I’ve often encountered the question: “Can facials be done weekly?” The frequency of facials depends greatly on the individual’s skin type, concerns, and the type of facial treatments being considered. For those with certain skin conditions or using specific treatments, a weekly facial can be beneficial.
For instance, gentle, hydrating facials may be suitable for more frequent use, especially for individuals with dry or sensitive skin. However, more intensive treatments, such as chemical peels or microdermabrasion, typically require more time between sessions to allow the skin to heal and regenerate.
. So, is a weekly facial ideal for you? Wellaholic has consulted a panel of experts and we are happy to share our findings with you. Read on to find out more.
Why should you have a weekly facial
In my interactions with industry experts and through continuous research, it’s clear that incorporating facials into your weekly routine is not just a pampering experience, but a necessary ritual for anyone serious about maintaining their skin’s health and appearance. Remember, your skin is as individual as you are, and caring for it requires a personalized approach.
Engaging in a weekly facial routine is more than just a luxury; it’s a vital step in maintaining the health and vitality of your skin. Regular facials contribute significantly to enhancing the skin’s appearance, texture, and tone. This is not just about surface-level beauty; it’s about deep skin health.
Dr. Rachel Nazarian, a board-certified dermatologist in New York City, says that getting a weekly facial can be beneficial for many people. “Facials can help to deep clean the skin, remove dead skin cells, and unclog pores,” she says. “They can also help to improve hydration, reduce inflammation, and stimulate collagen production.”
Monthly Facials are Common: Based on a 2023 study by Wellaholic, on average, many people opt for a facial treatment once a month. This frequency allows the skin to complete its natural renewal cycle, which typically takes about 28 days.
Why should you not have a weekly facial
As an Aesthetic Director with extensive experience in the industry, I’ve observed a common misconception about the frequency of facials and their impact on skin health. While the pursuit of radiant skin often leads individuals to seek frequent facials, it’s crucial to understand that more isn’t always better. In fact, indulging in weekly facials can be counterproductive.
Our skin undergoes a natural regeneration cycle approximately every 28 days. When we intervene too often with facial treatments, this delicate balance can be disrupted. This overstimulation can lead to an array of skin issues, such as increased oil production, irritation, and even the breakdown of vital collagen. It’s essential to respect our skin’s inherent processes and allow it the time it needs to rejuvenate naturally. By spacing out facial treatments appropriately, we can support our skin’s health and vitality without inadvertently causing harm.
1. Over-cleansing and Natural Oils
Over-cleansing can strip your skin of its natural oils, leading to dryness, irritation, and breakouts. Your skin has a natural barrier that helps to keep it hydrated and protected from environmental aggressors. When you over-cleanse, you disrupt this barrier and strip away essential lipids and proteins. This can leave your skin feeling dry, tight, and vulnerable to irritation.
Board-certified dermatologist and Garnier expert Dr. Diane Madfes mentions that over-cleansing can strip away the top layer of skin cells and lipids, taking around eight hours for our body to restore the natural levels
2. Excessive Exfoliation and Skin Barrier Damage
Excessive exfoliation can damage your skin barrier and lead to inflammation. If you’re struggling with breakouts, over-cleansing could be exacerbating the issue. When your skin’s natural oils are stripped away, it can cause an increase in sebum production. This excess sebum can then lead to clogged pores and breakouts. Healthline points out that over-exfoliation can result in skin irritation, redness, and inflammation. Over time, these symptoms could worsen, affecting the complexion of the skin
What’s the Recommended Frequency for a Facial?
In the pursuit of radiant and youthful skin, a regular facial routine is indispensable. At Wellaholic, your journey towards impeccable skin health is our prerogative. The frequency of facials is a nuanced subject, as it hinges on various factors including your skin type, concerns, and the specific facial treatments being considered. Typically, a professional facial every 3 to 4 weeks is advisable as it aligns with the skin’s natural rejuvenation cycle.
The Importance of Facials for Healthy Skin.
As a leading aesthetic salon expert and consultant, we advocate that regular facials are indispensable for healthy and vibrant skin. The frequency of facials should be tailored to your unique skin type, lifestyle, and skincare goals. Typically, a monthly facial is advisable to coincide with your skin’s natural regeneration cycle, which allows the removal of dead skin cells and encourages the emergence of fresh, rejuvenated skin. Our seasoned specialists are adept at devising a personalized facial regimen that aligns with your skin’s needs and promotes its overall vitality.
Recommended Facial Frequency.
Our seasoned specialists concur with the widely held recommendation of indulging in a professional facial every 4 to 6 weeks to uphold a clear, toned, and amply hydrated complexion. Such regular facial treatments are instrumental in mitigating acne flare-ups and decelerating the natural aging progression. By meticulously purifying the skin, extracting impurities, and lavishing it with nourishing serums, our adept aestheticians aid in maintaining a youthful, radiant skin tone.
A skincare professional, Darden, recommends a facial every four to six weeks depending on individual skin concerns. If there are specific skin issues like acne, extreme dryness, or the need for lifting and tightening, a more frequent schedule, such as once a week to every other week, might be beneficial.
Facial Treatment Frequency in Singapore: A survey by Wellaholic revealed that, in 2023, approximately 27% of respondents in Singapore underwent facial treatments at least once every two months.
Facials can be a game-changer for your skin, but like anything, moderation is key. Now, the general rule of thumb in Singapore has been that monthly facials are just about right for most skin types. However, depending on your specific skin concerns, a more frequent schedule might be beneficial, especially if you’re tackling issues like acne or hyperpigmentation. Let’s get into the nitty-gritty though: weekly facials aren’t usually necessary for everyone. These treatments can sometimes be intense, and you don’t want to overdo it and risk irritation or other issues.
In conclusion, while weekly facials might seem like a quick route to flawless skin, they’re not a one-size-fits-all solution. Listen to your skin and consult with skincare experts to tailor a facial routine that works best for you. In the skincare-savvy landscape of Singapore, it’s essential to find a balance that ensures you’re giving your skin the care it needs without going overboard. A personalized, expert-backed approach to facials can help you achieve that radiant, healthy complexion you’ve always wanted.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Are there any risks associated with getting weekly facials?
What kind of facial is suitable for weekly treatments in Singapore?
How can I tell if weekly facials are beneficial for my skin type?
Can weekly facials help with specific skin concerns such as acne or ageing?
Are there any preparatory steps I should take before getting weekly facials in Singapore?
Serene Chiam, Aesthetic Director
Serene Chiam, the Aesthetic Director at Wellaholic, an acclaimed Aesthetic Chain in Singapore, brings over a decade of expertise in the aesthetics industry. With a Bachelor of Health Science (Aesthetics) and CIDESCO certifications, she expertly combines scientific knowledge with practical skills. Serene is known for her personalized approach to beauty, ensuring each Wellaholic client’s journey is unique and transformative. Her significant contributions have been pivotal in establishing Wellaholic’s reputation for excellence in aesthetic wellness.
GET IN TOUCH
Book Now Pay Later
Elight Monthly Facial – Look Six Years Younger in Three Months
- ⭐ Six-Step Technology Facial. Elight Monthly Facial is a six-step technology facial backed by scientific research.
- ⭐ RF, IPL, LED, REFA, etc. Elight Monthly Facial combines multiple technologies (RF, IPL, Diamond Peel, LED, Retinol, REFA massage) for comprehensive skincare.
- ⭐ Reduce Pimples and Acne. Elight is also able to reduce pimples and acne with its high energy waves.
- ⭐ One Price for 4 Weekly Facials. The Elight treatments are designed as an affordable unlimited monthly package with weekly visits.
- ⭐ Award-Winning. Wellaholic’s treatments have been recognized by top beauty publications such as Daily Vanity, Beauty Insider, and Tropika Club Magazine.
- ⭐ Over 2000 Verified Customer Reviews. Wellaholic has over 30 industry awards and over 2000 positive reviews from customers, and >50% are repeat customers.