RESVERATROL IS PART OF A GROUP OF COMPOUNDS CALLED POLYPHENOLS. THEY’RE THOUGHT TO ACT LIKE ANTIOXIDANTS, PROTECTING THE BODY AGAINST DAMAGE THAT CAN PUT YOU AT HIGHER RISK FOR THINGS LIKE CANCER AND HEART DISEASE.
Resveratrol is a plant compound that acts like an antioxidant. The top food sources include red wine, grapes, some berries and peanuts. Because of its antioxidant properties, resveratrol is a promising supplement with many health and beauty benefits. Because there are so many touted benefits and increasing numbers of research, from Harvard Medical School to National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health, each benefit would be covered in the following materials.
- 1. Cardiovascular Health: Resveratrol has been shown to improve cardiovascular health by reducing inflammation and lowering the risk of heart disease. It also helps to increase the levels of “good” HDL cholesterol and improve overall heart function.
- 2. Anti-aging Properties: Resveratrol has been linked to anti-aging effects at the cellular level. It may help to protect the skin from damage caused by UV rays and environmental pollutants, reducing the appearance of wrinkles and promoting a more youthful appearance.
- 3. Cancer Prevention: Some studies suggest that resveratrol may have potential cancer-fighting properties. It may help to inhibit the growth of cancer cells and prevent tumors from forming, particularly in the breast, prostate, and colon.
- 4. Brain Health: Resveratrol shows promise in supporting brain health and cognitive function. It may help to protect against age-related decline in brain function and reduce the risk of neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s.
- 5. Weight Management: Some research indicates that resveratrol may aid in weight management by increasing the body’s ability to burn fat and improving insulin sensitivity, which can help with blood sugar regulation and reduce the risk of obesity-related health issues.
- 6. Anti-inflammatory Effects: Resveratrol has been found to have anti-inflammatory properties, which can benefit overall health, including reducing the risk of chronic diseases such as diabetes, arthritis, and certain types of cancer.
- 7. Skincare Benefits: When applied topically, resveratrol can help to protect the skin from environmental damage and UV radiation, reducing the risk of skin cancer and promoting a healthy, radiant complexion.
As with any supplement, it is important to consult with a healthcare professional before adding resveratrol to your daily routine, especially if you have any underlying health conditions or are taking medications. While the potential benefits of resveratrol are promising, more research is needed to fully understand its effects on human health.
Suggested Use: Two capsules daily. Best taken at bedtime or as directed by a healthcare professional.