Is SHR Hair Removal Safe?
Table of Contents
- Introduction: SHR hair removal is a popular method of hair removal. But is it safe?
- Methods: SHR hair removal uses lasers to remove hair.
- Results: SHR hair removal can be effective in removing hair
- SHR Risk: Redness and irritation
- SHR Risk: Pigmentation issues
- SHR Risk: Eye injuries
- WellaSmooth All-inclusive Hair Removal by Wellaholic
- See Over 1800 Positive Reviews of Wellaholic (Customer Verifiable)
- Pricing of SHR Hair Removal Treatments by Wellaholic
Introduction: SHR hair removal is a popular method of hair removal. But is it safe?
SHR or Super Hair Removal is a relatively newer technology which uses low energy and rapid pulsing diode laser but at a higher frequency. Developed by Alma Lasers, this diode laser hair removal technology allows the skin to be heated gently, but with the rapid pulses, the energy is then accumulated by the skin. A common question from our customers would be “is SHR hair removal safe?“. In this short article, we will help to answer this common question regarding SHR hair removal.
Methods: SHR hair removal uses lasers to remove hair.
Laser hair removal is a popular treatment that uses lasers to remove hair. It is a safe and effective way to remove unwanted hair, and it can be used on most areas of the body. There are several types of lasers that can be used for this treatment, and each has its own benefits and drawbacks. Some people find that laser hair removal is more effective than other methods, while others find that it isn’t as effective.
SHR or Super Hair Removal is a relatively newer technology which uses low energy and rapid pulsing diode laser but at a higher frequency. Developed by Alma Lasers, this diode laser hair removal technology allows the skin to be heated gently, but with the rapid pulses, the energy is then accumulated by the skin. While 50% of the energy is targeted at the melanin (similar to IPL), the other 50% targets the stem cells responsible for hair production.
This is a very important point to note as SHR thereby targets both fine and coarse hairs. Ultimately, this leads to less discomfort and pain, yet an improved efficacy. SHR is most effective during the active growth phase (anagen stage of hair growth) hence shaving a day before treatment or just before the hair removal treatment is most recommended.
Because of the gradual accumulation of the energy into the skin, there is less trauma and irritation on the skin – making it ideal and suitable for everyone, regardless of skin tone and even for customers with sensitive skin. In fact, SHR is often considered to be one of the best laser hair removal treatments in Singapore given the various technologies. SHR hair removal is very ideal for Brazilian Hair Removal as it is more gentle on the skin.
Results: SHR hair removal can be effective in removing hair
If the hair is in the anagen phase of growth during treatment, which refers to the active (hair) growth phase, it can be easily destroyed as in the case with IPL technology. The advantage of SHR hair removal in this case is that it can work with customers during both their anagen phase and non-anagen phase, as SHR can target the 50% of the stem cells. Nevertheless, a three-to-four week recovery or “down” time is required to meet this anagen phase as well as to give the skin a recovery time before the next treatment.
Risks: There are some risks associated with SHR hair removal.
As opposed to the IPL hair removal that exposes and destroys hair follicles via high-intensity pulses, SHR involves only heating and cooling. Hence, the procedure works perfectly well for both fair and dark-skinned people. SHR is also a safe option for those with sensitive skin. From the clinical studies undertaken, SHR has been proven to be the safest method of light based hair reduction for all skin types. Melanin found within darker skin is known to be much more sensitive to the heat when used in light based treatments.
Nevertheless, with any laser hair removal treatments, there are some risk considerations.
SHR Risk: Redness and irritation
Laser hair removal damages hair follicles of the intended areas. The body reacts to this, and some individuals experience redness and irritation in the indicated places. The skin may tingle or feel tender, and may possibly even appear to swell a bit. The symptoms associated with an SHR procedure usually only last for a short time. You see skin that has already been waxed or plucked, after your SHR treatment. Some physicians apply a topical anesthetic to reduce how much your skin reacts to the method.
SHR Risk: Pigmentation issues
Some people may notice minor color changes in the treated area after the laser hair removal procedure. It can get slightly darker or even lighter, providing lasers were applied. Those with particular skin tones may be more prone to pigmentation changes. Those also with a particular skin type will have more pigmentation changes. Over time, the skin returns to its normal state, and the changes are faded away.
Nevertheless, if you are suffering from hyperpigmentation or want to prevent possible pigmentation issues, you can choose our Skin Whitening treatment to inhibit the melanin development, leading to whiter and fairer skin.
SHR Risk: Eye injuries
The procedure for removing hair requires the use of high-powered lasers. Because of this, there is a chance of experiencing serious injury to the eye, or even to somebody’s face, if a doctor is performing the work on the patient’s face. The person receiving the treatment and the practitioner should wear protective gear, such as goggles, in order to avoid such injuries.
Importance of Choosing an Experience Professional Hair Removal Expert for SHR Hair Removal
There is no question that choosing an experienced professional hair removal expert is important for properly completing any type of hair removal treatment. The wrong choice can result in ineffective or even dangerous treatments.
WellaSmooth All-inclusive Hair Removal by Wellaholic
WellaSmooth™ All-Inclusive Hair Removal is designed for an all-inclusive fuss-free full-body permanent hair removal experience with a 5-star rating. WellaSmooth™ All-Inclusive Hair Removal includes all-that-you-require shaving service, followed by SHR Unlimited Prestige hair removal which includes unlimited SHR shots for the entire body (including Brazilian/Boyzilian). Also included is our Skin Whitening / Hydrating post-treatment therapy (PTT) followed by our AfterGlow Red Light therapy.
What is WellaSmooth™ All-inclusive Hair Removal Regime?
- Voted Best Hair Removal Treatment by Daily Vanity Spa and Beauty Awards 2021.
- WellaSmooth™ All-Inclusive Hair Removal is designed for an all-inclusive fuss-free full-body permanent hair reduction experience.
- WellaSmooth™ All-Inclusive Hair Removal is ideal for all skin color, hair color, and all forms of hair.
- Also include is all-that-you-require shaving service for all body parts including your private regions.
- WellaSmooth™ All-Inclusive Hair Removal also includes the Skin Whitening / Hydrating (PTT) with AfterGlow™, which includes post-hair-removal skin whitening or skin hydration followed by our AfterGlow Red Light therapy for enhanced skin rejuvenation.
- Achieve smooth and glowing skin that will wow everyone.
- This treatment is ideal for both men and women, by male and female therapists.
- Get a package and choose your shaving, SHR permanent hair removal and post-treatment whitening and hydration done at any of our multiple outlets across Singapore.
WellaSmooth™ is your ultimate all-inclusive hair removal treatment in Singapore complete with shaving and post-treatment care.
WellaSmooth™ Includes the Following Three Hair Removal Services
- SHR Permanent Hair Removal PRESTIGE Unlimited – Enjoy our bestseller SHR hair reduction treatment for all body parts
- Unlimited Shaving Service – Enjoy unlimited shaving service on all body parts
- Skin Whitening/Hydrating (PTT) with AfterGlow – Enjoy post-treatment whitening or hydrating therapy followed by AfterGlow red-light treatment to rejuvenate your skin
See Over 1800 Positive Reviews of Wellaholic (Customer Verifiable)
Pricing of SHR Hair Removal Treatments by Wellaholic
Wellaholic believes in providing pricing transparency, and hence all prices are published and updated on its website. Choose from unlimited monthly hair removal plans (with unlimited SHR hair removal shots) for unlimited body parts, or choose from per-session hair removal price plans. Wellaholic’s hair removal prices are generally divided into the following categories: