Healthy Hair, Healthy Scalp: 7 Must-Know Tips for Maintenance
Table of Contents
- 1 TL:DR Summary
- 2 Introduction
- 3 1. Always Remember to Exfoliate
- 4 2. Maintain the Moisture Level
- 5 3. Massage your Scalp
- 6 4. Limit the use of Chemical Treatments
- 7 5. Protect Your Scalp from Sun Damage
- 8 6. Shampoo Daily
- 9 7. Maintain a Healthy Diet
- 10 Conclusion
- 11 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- 12 Book Now Pay Later
- 13 HairGrow™ 3X Ultimate Hair Loss Treatment
- Wash your hair regularly to remove dirt, oil, and product buildup that can clog your pores and cause inflammation.
- Use gentle shampoos and conditioners that are free of sulfates, parabens, and artificial fragrances that can irritate your scalp and dry out your hair.
- Exfoliate your scalp once or twice a week to remove dead skin cells and improve blood circulation.
- Moisturize your scalp with natural oils such as coconut, jojoba, or olive oil to nourish your hair follicles and prevent dryness and flaking.
- Massage your scalp with your fingertips or a scalp brush to stimulate blood flow and relax your muscles.
- Avoid heat styling and chemical treatments that can damage your hair and scalp and cause breakage and hair loss.
- Eat a balanced diet rich in protein, iron, zinc, biotin, and vitamin D to support your hair growth and health.
Embark on a transformative journey towards optimal scalp health with Wellaholic, your trusted guide in the realm of beauty and wellness. Tucked beneath the lustrous veil of your hair lies a vital, yet often overlooked, frontier: your scalp. This hidden canvas of health, akin to the skin that envelops your body, comprises layers teeming with life and renewal. At Wellaholic, we uncover the secrets of the scalp’s inner world, where the dance of new and old cells unfolds, revealing the art of natural rejuvenation. With our award-winning expertise, honed over seven years and endorsed by more than 2000 authentic customer testimonials, we bring you “Healthy Hair, Healthy Scalp: 7 Must-Know Tips for Maintenance.” Dive into our reservoir of knowledge, forged through thousands of successful hair regrowth and scalp treatments.
In a survey of Singaporean men with androgenetic alopecia, 70% reported feeling self-conscious about their hair loss, based on a study compiled by Wellaholic.
1. Always Remember to Exfoliate
Exfoliation of the scalp helps to boost the skin cell turnover. If you can, exfoliate your scalp on a regular basis. In fact, if you suffer from conditions such as psoriasis or dry skin, you might want to exfoliate your scalp about two to three times a week. Exfoliation helps to remove and reduce dead skin cells from your scalp surface. To assist with the exfoliation, you can invest in a facial scrub and mechanically exfoliate your scalp before you apply and cleanse the area with a shampoo.
Trichologist Hannah Gaboardi emphasizes that the health of your scalp directly affects how healthy your hair grows. Scalp issues such as dandruff and psoriasis are linked to hair breakage, and poor scalp health can also lead to premature hair loss.
2. Maintain the Moisture Level
Most of the common scalp problems are the result of dry skin at the scalp. This is exaggerated by dehydrated tissue. when you are showering, try to avoid proposing or scope to hot water when you can. Instead, try to use lukewarm water to rinse your hair, which allows more of the natural sebum necessary for moisturising that issue to remain on your scalp. If you are able to, try to skip using the hair dryer and allow your hair to naturally dry. By air drying your hair, you will allow your scalp to take a break from the drying heat of the hair dryer.
“Healthy hair starts with a healthy scalp – love your hair, love your scalp!”
3. Massage your Scalp
It pays to massage your scalp on a regular basis. Beneath the skin on your scalp is an intricate network of blood vessels. This blood vessels carry oxygen and nutrients to the tissues surrounding your scalp. My keeping the circulation going in a scope with massages, you are able to maintain a healthy scalp. How can you massage your scalp? You can spend about 10 minutes or so by using gentle circular motions on your scalp as a massage.
4. Limit the use of Chemical Treatments
Avoid chemical treatments at all costs. While a great perm, straightening or hair colouring treatment can help improve the look of your hair, the chemicals used in this treatments will actually irritate your scalp and caused some damage. If you have to use chemical treatments, always engage a professional to limit the amount of damage it can do to your scalp. Always follow the recommendations of the professional for how often you should touch up. At the first instance of any signs of irritation like teaching or even burning, you must inform your professional stylist immediately and stop the chemical treatment. Anabel Kingsley, a lead trichologist at Philip Kingsley, explains that your scalp is a living tissue that supports your hair follicles and the hair that emerges from them1. Therefore, anything that irritates or damages the scalp can potentially affect the health of your hair.
5. Protect Your Scalp from Sun Damage
Avoid chemical treatments at all costs. While a great perm, straightening or hair coloring treatment can help improve the look of your hair, the chemicals used in this treatments will actually irritate your scalp and caused some damage. If you have to use chemical treatments, always engage a professional to limit the amount of damage it can do to your scalp. Always follow the recommendations of the professional for how often you should touch up. At the first instance of any signs of irritation like teaching or even burning, you must inform your professional stylist immediately and stop the chemical treatment.
6. Shampoo Daily
You might belong to the group that washes their hair once a day. This is very ideal. However, if you suffer from some scalp problems, you might not be able to wash your hair on a daily basis. While cleaning your scalp is an important part of hair and scalp care, the type of shampoo you use is also important. Always research and invest in a shampoo that is not too harsh for your scalp.
Trichologist Isfahan Chambers-Harris explains that the causes of dry scalp can range from skin conditions like eczema and psoriasis, hormonal fluctuations, weather, and even how much shampoo you squeeze out can lead to dryness and irritation.
7. Maintain a Healthy Diet
A balanced diet with a great amount of fruits and vegetables will help to supply your scalp with the necessary nutrients to keep it in good form. If necessary, augment your daily diet with health supplements such as vitamins that can also help keep your hair healthy. All cells need vitamin A for growth. This includes hair, the fastest growing tissue in the human body. Vitamin A also helps skin glands make an oily substance called sebum. Sebum moisturises the scalp and helps keep hair healthy. One of the best known vitamins for hair growth is a B-vitamin called biotin. Studies link biotin deficiency with hair loss in humans. Although biotin is used as an alternative hair-loss treatment, those who are deficient have the best results.
Essential Tips for Healthy Hair and Scalp
Indeed, maintaining healthy hair and scalp doesn’t have to be a difficult task. Simple yet effective practices can go a long way in ensuring your hair stays vibrant, robust, and lustrous. Never underestimate the importance of a healthy scalp as it forms the basis for lovely hair. From feeding your hair with suitable products to steering clear of too much heat styling, these tips will enable you to care for your mane effortlessly.
Wellaholic’s Support in Your Hair Care Journey
At Wellaholic, we’re not just bystanders but your active partners in your hair care journey. We offer expert advice and potent treatments designed to help you achieve the hair of your dreams. Embrace the empowerment that comes from taking control of your hair’s health.
Embrace Healthy Hair and Scalp Today
So, why wait? Start incorporating these tips into your routine today and witness your hair transform into its most vibrant and healthy state. Here’s to a journey of healthy hair and a happy scalp with Wellaholic!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1. What Are the Signs of an Unhealthy Scalp?
2. How Can I Tell If a Hair Product Is Suitable for My Scalp Type?
3. Are Natural Remedies Effective for Scalp Health?
4. Can Stress Affect Scalp Health?
5. Is Frequent Hair Coloring Harmful to Scalp Health?
6. How Does Diet Influence Scalp Health?
Serene Chiam, Aesthetic Director
Serene Chiam, the Aesthetic Director at Wellaholic, an acclaimed Aesthetic Chain in Singapore, brings over a decade of expertise in the aesthetics industry. With a Bachelor of Health Science (Aesthetics) and CIDESCO certifications, she expertly combines scientific knowledge with practical skills. Serene is known for her personalized approach to beauty, ensuring each Wellaholic client’s journey is unique and transformative. Her significant contributions have been pivotal in establishing Wellaholic’s reputation for excellence in aesthetic wellness.
GET IN TOUCH
Book Now Pay Later
HairGrow™ 3X Ultimate Hair Loss Treatment
- ⭐ Supercharged Regrowth: HairGrow™ 3X is a premium plan, crafted for individuals seeking to expedite their hair regrowth journey and tackle hair loss effectively.
- ⭐ Personalized Selection: This package lets customers pick three hair loss treatments, customizing their plan to their needs.
- ⭐ Balancing Value & Variety: HairGrow™ 3X provides a unique blend of cost-effectiveness and choice, granting access to top-tier treatments at a significant discount.
- ⭐ Free Supply of Minoxidil. HairGrow™ 3X also includes a monthly supply of Minoxidil with Royal Jelly to jumpstart hair growth.
- ⭐ Award-Winning. Wellaholic’s treatments have been recognized by top beauty publications such as Daily Vanity, Beauty Insider, and Tropika Club Magazine.
- ⭐ Over 2000 Verified Customer Reviews. Wellaholic has over 30 industry awards and over 2000 positive reviews from customers, and >50% are repeat customers.